XP FAX devices # limitation

December 8, 2004 3:00:06 AM

Hi,
on WindowsXP only 1 fax device is available by design.
Is there someway to bypass this limitation only for test purposes ?
I need to fax device on my machine ...

Chris

More about : fax devices limitation

Anonymous
December 8, 2004 3:00:07 AM

No.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Christian" <cbonjovi@tiscali.it> wrote in message
news:o 7M6JCL3EHA.4004@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> on WindowsXP only 1 fax device is available by design.
> Is there someway to bypass this limitation only for test purposes ?
> I need to fax device on my machine ...
>
> Chris

Anonymous
December 9, 2004 12:25:36 AM

You could use a different OS that allows more modems:

On all versions of Windows XP and in Windows Server 2003 Web Server, the
device limit is 1.
On all versions of Windows 2000, the device limit is 2.
On Windows Server 2003 Server and Windows Server 2003 Embedded, the device
limit is 4.
On Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server and Windows Server 2003 Data Center
Server there is no device limit.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com