XP FAX devices # limitation

Hi,
on WindowsXP only 1 fax device is available by design.
Is there someway to bypass this limitation only for test purposes ?
I need to fax device on my machine ...

Chris
2 answers Last reply
More about devices limitation

    No.

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Christian" <cbonjovi@tiscali.it> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > on WindowsXP only 1 fax device is available by design.
    > Is there someway to bypass this limitation only for test purposes ?
    > I need to fax device on my machine ...
    >
    > Chris

    You could use a different OS that allows more modems:

    On all versions of Windows XP and in Windows Server 2003 Web Server, the
    device limit is 1.
    On all versions of Windows 2000, the device limit is 2.
    On Windows Server 2003 Server and Windows Server 2003 Embedded, the device
    limit is 4.
    On Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server and Windows Server 2003 Data Center
    Server there is no device limit.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "Christian" <cbonjovi@tiscali.it> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > on WindowsXP only 1 fax device is available by design.
    > Is there someway to bypass this limitation only for test purposes ?
    > I need to fax device on my machine ...
    >
    > Chris

Fax Microsoft Devices Windows XP