Network Printing Problem

I have a small Windows network using TCP/IP. I have Win 98 computers, a Win
2000 computer and a Win XP Pro computer. I have a custom program that
prints to printers that are attached to one of the Win 98 computers. My
printing was working well until I installed Service Pack 2 on the Win XP Pro
computer.

One of the custom forms printed from the Win XP computer would start almost
instantly before I upgraded to Service Pack 2. Now it takes about 8 seconds
for the printing to start once I send the document to the printer.

I have disabled all the security features in Win XP and that does not seem
to change the problem at all. I do not have the probem when printing from
the Win 2000 computer or any of the Win 98 computers.

Does anyone know of a similar problem and how to remedy it? I seems that
something changed in the Service Pack 2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

William

william,
I have had a similar problem as you. I discovered if you go to command
prompt and then type "net start spooler" you will be able to see your
network printers and once again be able to print. My problem now is if I
leave this spooler service running my computer shuts down by itself if I
don't use that particular computer again.
I think this is some kind of driver problem with my printer and xp sp2.