Zinger

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
Hi there, im a bit of a noob when it comes to building pc's.
Ive built a few , but ive never had to set the FSB before.
My problem....
I have a 1.4 Ghz Athlon 266 FSB prossesor and 256mb DDR 2100 RAM that i want to put into my Mobo and i just wanna know what the correct settings in my bios i need to do?

IE: CPU frequency, DRAM frequency, CPU ratio & CPU Core Voltage

Sorry if its a bit of a c*ap question, i just dont wanna goose my new gear up or have it running at 133 or somthing.
Any help would be appreciated, thx.

G

You have chosen wisely getting this mobo, so you have to enter your BIOS by pressing del during startup, going into CPU PNP SETUP and unless you have unlocked your athlon there will only be one option that you can change, by default the option will probably say 100/100 and all you have to do is press page down to get to 133/133. This is the proper setting for your hardware. Reply to me to confirm whether this worked or not.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
on this motherboard, you need to get the overclockers bios to change the multiplier, which is the whole reason to unlock your cpu.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

G

sorry to but in :p
the k7s5a overclockers bios (includeing the latest one) allow you to change only the fsb. for multiplier and voltage support it is necesary to modify either the board or the chip.

A version for changeing multiplyer is being worked on allthough it is doubtfull that it will work, our best bet at the moment is trying to convert normal athlons to mobile ones then use powernow software to alter the multiplyer.

p.s. by we i am referring to k7s5a owners :p this board has quite a folowing

My other sig is thought provolking and interesting.(And spelt corectly:eek:)

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
yeah, i think when i posted that , i was in a rush...
and yeah...the OC bios only gives you FSB options...but it gives you a BUNCH of fsb options...
oh, and evolution, you worked on the OC bios?
how come you cant make it change the multiplier? is there no hardware support? because it would make my life much easier if i was able to change the multiplier in the bios...but oh well, i cant ask for too much!
and if you did work on the OC bios, GREAT JOB...KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK! :smile:
oh, and how would you mod the board to get multiplier changes, and how would you make a normal athlon into a mobile athlon, and then change the multi? i dont know how that works... :eek:

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
the k7s5a overclockers bios (includeing the latest one) allow you to change only the fsb. for multiplier and voltage support it is necesary to modify either the board or the chip
thanks for making that point clear…. but what a shame….

Good luck with that BIOS mod!!!