XP FAX Console Object

Hello,

Sorry if my English is not so good, but I am French and I did'nt found a
french forum on the subject !!!

Here is my problem !!!!

I just change My WIN98SE computer for a new one that is running on XP.

I used to used the Microsoft Fax in correlation with Outlook 2000 where it
was possible to send faxes with subject memorised into the Fax console, but
without being forced to send a front cover page.

I use now the XP FAX, and I am oblige to send the cover if I want to
register a subject (Objet)

That is not convinient for my job, so if anyone knows how to bypass that ???

Thanks for help
Merci d'avance pour toute aide.

Geo
11 answers Last reply
More about console object

    On your new system, are you trying to send through Outlook and if so, what
    version?
    Here is some information on how Windows XP Fax integrates with Outlook that
    might answer your question:
    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "netburst" <netburst@9tel.fr> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Sorry if my English is not so good, but I am French and I did'nt found a
    > french forum on the subject !!!
    >
    > Here is my problem !!!!
    >
    > I just change My WIN98SE computer for a new one that is running on XP.
    >
    > I used to used the Microsoft Fax in correlation with Outlook 2000 where it
    > was possible to send faxes with subject memorised into the Fax console,
    > but
    > without being forced to send a front cover page.
    >
    > I use now the XP FAX, and I am oblige to send the cover if I want to
    > register a subject (Objet)
    >
    > That is not convinient for my job, so if anyone knows how to bypass that
    > ???
    >
    > Thanks for help
    > Merci d'avance pour toute aide.
    >
    > Geo

    Hello Russ,

    No I am not trying to send via Outlook but directly by the winxpfax console,
    but I am oblige to send the cover page to put a subject that could help me
    to retreive my fax later among a lot of faxes throw the fax console.

    I have no problem to fax without using subject, but it is a lot more
    difficult to find out an old faxe among hundred, if I just have the date and
    name but not the subject.

    Thanks

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message de
    news: ekvyg9j3EHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > On your new system, are you trying to send through Outlook and if so, what
    > version?
    > Here is some information on how Windows XP Fax integrates with Outlook
    > that might answer your question:
    > http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
    >
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "netburst" <netburst@9tel.fr> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Sorry if my English is not so good, but I am French and I did'nt found a
    >> french forum on the subject !!!
    >>
    >> Here is my problem !!!!
    >>
    >> I just change My WIN98SE computer for a new one that is running on XP.
    >>
    >> I used to used the Microsoft Fax in correlation with Outlook 2000 where
    >> it
    >> was possible to send faxes with subject memorised into the Fax console,
    >> but
    >> without being forced to send a front cover page.
    >>
    >> I use now the XP FAX, and I am oblige to send the cover if I want to
    >> register a subject (Objet)
    >>
    >> That is not convinient for my job, so if anyone knows how to bypass that
    >> ???
    >>
    >> Thanks for help
    >> Merci d'avance pour toute aide.
    >>
    >> Geo

    Indeed. If you send only through the Send Fax Wizard you will be obliged to
    use a cover page. The only way to avoid using a cover page is to print to
    the Fax Printer from another application or to send through Outlook.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Géo" <PLURITECH.HB@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    > Hello Russ,
    >
    > No I am not trying to send via Outlook but directly by the winxpfax
    > console, but I am oblige to send the cover page to put a subject that
    > could help me to retreive my fax later among a lot of faxes throw the fax
    > console.
    >
    > I have no problem to fax without using subject, but it is a lot more
    > difficult to find out an old faxe among hundred, if I just have the date
    > and name but not the subject.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message
    > de news: ekvyg9j3EHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    >> On your new system, are you trying to send through Outlook and if so,
    >> what version?
    >> Here is some information on how Windows XP Fax integrates with Outlook
    >> that might answer your question:
    >> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "netburst" <netburst@9tel.fr> wrote in message
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> Sorry if my English is not so good, but I am French and I did'nt found a
    >>> french forum on the subject !!!
    >>>
    >>> Here is my problem !!!!
    >>>
    >>> I just change My WIN98SE computer for a new one that is running on XP.
    >>>
    >>> I used to used the Microsoft Fax in correlation with Outlook 2000 where
    >>> it
    >>> was possible to send faxes with subject memorised into the Fax console,
    >>> but
    >>> without being forced to send a front cover page.
    >>>
    >>> I use now the XP FAX, and I am oblige to send the cover if I want to
    >>> register a subject (Objet)
    >>>
    >>> That is not convinient for my job, so if anyone knows how to bypass that
    >>> ???
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for help
    >>> Merci d'avance pour toute aide.
    >>>
    >>> Geo

    Hello Russ,

    Sorry I understand you have some difficulties to understand me because of my
    poor English, so I'll try again to reformulate

    When I want to Fax a word document directly from word by using the XP Fax as
    printer, I am oblige to send a cover if I want to have an object.

    Thanks again for your Help

    Cordially
    Géo

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message de
    news: Oxzweml3EHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Indeed. If you send only through the Send Fax Wizard you will be obliged
    > use a cover page. The only way to avoid using a cover page is to print to
    > the Fax Printer from another application or to send through Outlook.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Géo" <PLURITECH.HB@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    > > Hello Russ,
    > >
    > > No I am not trying to send via Outlook but directly by the winxpfax
    > > console, but I am oblige to send the cover page to put a subject that
    > > could help me to retreive my fax later among a lot of faxes throw the
    fax
    > > console.
    > >
    > > I have no problem to fax without using subject, but it is a lot more
    > > difficult to find out an old faxe among hundred, if I just have the date
    > > and name but not the subject.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le
    message
    > > de news: ekvyg9j3EHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > >> On your new system, are you trying to send through Outlook and if so,
    > >> what version?
    > >> Here is some information on how Windows XP Fax integrates with Outlook
    > >> that might answer your question:
    > >> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Russ Valentine
    > >> [MVP-Outlook]
    > >> "netburst" <netburst@9tel.fr> wrote in message

    all you have to do is un tick <send cover page>
    in left

    above <cover plate templates> <sender infomation>

    then no cover page is sent
    ==========================

    "netburst" wrote:

    > Hello Russ,
    >
    > Sorry I understand you have some difficulties to understand me because of my
    > poor English, so I'll try again to reformulate
    >
    > When I want to Fax a word document directly from word by using the XP Fax as
    > printer, I am oblige to send a cover if I want to have an object.
    >
    > Thanks again for your Help
    >
    > Cordially
    > Géo
    >

    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message de
    > news: Oxzweml3EHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > > Indeed. If you send only through the Send Fax Wizard you will be obliged
    > > use a cover page. The only way to avoid using a cover page is to print to
    > > the Fax Printer from another application or to send through Outlook.
    > > --
    > > Russ Valentine
    > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > "Géo" <PLURITECH.HB@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    > > > Hello Russ,
    > > >
    > > > No I am not trying to send via Outlook but directly by the winxpfax
    > > > console, but I am oblige to send the cover page to put a subject that
    > > > could help me to retreive my fax later among a lot of faxes throw the
    > fax
    > > > console.
    > > >
    > > > I have no problem to fax without using subject, but it is a lot more
    > > > difficult to find out an old faxe among hundred, if I just have the date
    > > > and name but not the subject.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > >
    > > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le
    > message
    > > > de news: ekvyg9j3EHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

    > where
    > console,

    > that

    Yes Saiho, I agree, I Know that, but then if you don't want to send the
    cover, you can't put a subject, and that is my problem, because after one
    month and 200 faxes if I need to retrieve a specific one, it is really
    difficult.

    It is why I'd like to find a trick

    Thanks for your help

    Géo

    "sailho" <sailho@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    60C93846-65D3-467E-B144-5883F514F489@microsoft.com...
    > all you have to do is un tick <send cover page>
    > in left
    >
    > above <cover plate templates> <sender infomation>
    >
    > then no cover page is sent
    > ==========================
    >
    > "netburst" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello Russ,
    > >
    > > Sorry I understand you have some difficulties to understand me because
    of my
    > > poor English, so I'll try again to reformulate
    > >
    > > When I want to Fax a word document directly from word by using the XP
    Fax as
    > > printer, I am oblige to send a cover if I want to have an object.
    > >
    > > Thanks again for your Help
    > >
    > > Cordially
    > > Géo
    > >

    > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le
    message de
    > > news: Oxzweml3EHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > > > Indeed. If you send only through the Send Fax Wizard you will be
    obliged
    > > > use a cover page. The only way to avoid using a cover page is to print
    > > > the Fax Printer from another application or to send through Outlook.
    > > > --
    > > > Russ Valentine
    > > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > > "Géo" <PLURITECH.HB@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

    > > fax

    > > message
    Outlook

    XP.

    > > where
    > > console,

    > > that

    I assume you are referring to your Sent Items Folder? Why do you not use
    the Document Name to help you identify faxes?
    ------
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Hervé wrote:
    > Yes Saiho, I agree, I Know that, but then if you don't want to send the
    > cover, you can't put a subject, and that is my problem, because after one
    > month and 200 faxes if I need to retrieve a specific one, it is really
    > difficult.
    >
    > It is why I'd like to find a trick
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > Géo
    >
    > "sailho" <sailho@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > 60C93846-65D3-467E-B144-5883F514F489@microsoft.com...
    >
    >>all you have to do is un tick <send cover page>
    >> in left
    >>
    >>above <cover plate templates> <sender infomation>
    >>
    >>then no cover page is sent
    >>==========================
    >>
    >>"netburst" wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hello Russ,
    >>>
    >>>Sorry I understand you have some difficulties to understand me because
    >
    > of my
    >
    >>>poor English, so I'll try again to reformulate
    >>>
    >>>When I want to Fax a word document directly from word by using the XP
    >
    > Fax as
    >
    >>>printer, I am oblige to send a cover if I want to have an object.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks again for your Help
    >>>
    >>>Cordially
    >>>Géo
    >>>

    >>>"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le
    >
    > message de
    >
    >>>news: Oxzweml3EHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

    > obliged

    > that

    > the
    >
    >>>fax

    > date

    >>>message

    > so,

    > Outlook

    > found

    > XP.

    >>>where

    >>>console,

    > bypass
    >
    >>>that

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Hello Valentine,

    Because the same document name (eg. Word own Model) can be sent over to 200
    different company all along the year, the only thing that is changing each
    time is the subject.

    Thanks

    Géo alias Hervé

    "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message de
    news: O#FUw633EHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > I assume you are referring to your Sent Items Folder? Why do you not use
    > the Document Name to help you identify faxes?
    > ------
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    >
    > Hervé wrote:
    > > Yes Saiho, I agree, I Know that, but then if you don't want to send
    the
    > > cover, you can't put a subject, and that is my problem, because after
    one
    > > month and 200 faxes if I need to retrieve a specific one, it is really
    > > difficult.
    > >
    > > It is why I'd like to find a trick
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help
    > >
    > > Géo
    > >
    > > "sailho" <sailho@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > > 60C93846-65D3-467E-B144-5883F514F489@microsoft.com...
    > >
    > >>all you have to do is un tick <send cover page>
    > >> in left
    > >>
    > >>above <cover plate templates> <sender infomation>
    > >>
    > >>then no cover page is sent
    > >>==========================

    > > of my

    > > Fax as

    > > message de

    > > obliged

    > > that

    > > the

    > > date

    > > so,

    > > Outlook

    > > found

    > > XP.

    > > bypass

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    You cannot do what you want with the Subject field in Windows XP Fax.
    Recipient Name, Recipient Number, Time of sending, and Document Name are
    usually sufficient to identify a fax.
    You can also send from Outlook and populate the Subject field, but then
    you'd be sending a message page instead of a cover page with the document.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Hervé" <RVBAZ@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    > Hello Valentine,
    >
    > Because the same document name (eg. Word own Model) can be sent over to
    > 200
    > different company all along the year, the only thing that is changing each
    > time is the subject.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Géo alias Hervé
    >

    > "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message
    > de
    > news: O#FUw633EHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    >> I assume you are referring to your Sent Items Folder? Why do you not use
    >> the Document Name to help you identify faxes?
    >> ------
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >>
    >> Hervé wrote:
    >> > Yes Saiho, I agree, I Know that, but then if you don't want to send
    > the
    >> > cover, you can't put a subject, and that is my problem, because after
    > one
    >> > month and 200 faxes if I need to retrieve a specific one, it is really
    >> > difficult.
    >> >
    >> > It is why I'd like to find a trick
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for your help
    >> >
    >> > Géo
    >> >
    >> > "sailho" <sailho@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
    >> > 60C93846-65D3-467E-B144-5883F514F489@microsoft.com...

    >> > of my

    >> > Fax as

    >> > message de

    >> > obliged

    >> > that

    >> > the

    >> > date

    >> > so,

    >> > Outlook

    >> > found

    >> > XP.

    >> > bypass

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Ok Sorry,

    I' will by a fax software able to do that because for my kind of job it is
    imperative

    Again thanks for your Help

    Géo alias Hervé

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message de
    news: u%23m3wt53EHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > You cannot do what you want with the Subject field in Windows XP Fax.
    > Recipient Name, Recipient Number, Time of sending, and Document Name are
    > usually sufficient to identify a fax.
    > You can also send from Outlook and populate the Subject field, but then
    > you'd be sending a message page instead of a cover page with the document.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Hervé" <RVBAZ@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    >> Hello Valentine,
    >>
    >> Because the same document name (eg. Word own Model) can be sent over to
    >> 200
    >> different company all along the year, the only thing that is changing
    >> each
    >> time is the subject.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Géo alias Hervé
    >>

    >> "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message
    >> de
    >> news: O#FUw633EHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    >>> I assume you are referring to your Sent Items Folder? Why do you not use
    >>> the Document Name to help you identify faxes?
    >>> ------
    >>> Russ Valentine
    >>> [MVP-Outlook]

    >> the
    >> one

  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Sure. Windows XP Fax is a very basic fax module. If you need more
    advanced features, you may well do better with a third party product.
    ------
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

Fax Microsoft Windows XP