New to PC gaming, what to play?

mark0210

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Hey everyone, I just ordered myself an MSI GT70. I'm new to PC gaming, as this is the first PC I've ever owned that has more than an onboard graphics chip. I already have a Steam account set up and ready to go. My question to you:

What are some good PC games, especially for someone who has always been a console gamer?

Here's a list of things I'm looking at playing, feel free to toss out any ideas:

Bastion
Diablo 3 (really liked 2)
HAWKEN
Witcher 2
Terreria
Rage
Fallout 3 (excited to mod it)
Skyrim (again, mods!)
Left 4 Dead/L2D2
Origin: Dino Beatdown
Torchlight
Orcs Must Die 2
Just Cause 2 (mods)
Crysis 2
Mass Effect 3
STALKER Series
Strike Suit Zero

Probably more as I come across them. Thanks!

CorneliusFTW

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
I would recommend any PC-exclusive games, such as Diablo 3 and some RTS games like League of Legends and stuff like that. Also try out the F2P games like Blacklight: Retribution and other games like that. You will be surprised at how polished some games are for Free2Play.

aviconus

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
D3 is garbage. Wouldn't even waste your money on it. 3 capped characters all on Inferno, and I can't make it passed the char select screen before I say, "This game sucks." If you liked D2, then don't play D3, nothing alike and will alter your perception of the franchise and blizzard as a whole.

nquyen

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012

I think it was alright, nothing like D2, but I'm not going to pass my final judgement until PVP comes out

mark0210

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks for the lists, everyone! I should get the computer tomorrow, so I'll be saving some of the titles you threw out, and I'll poke around PCGamer.com or a few sites like that and get some more ideas.

usbgtx550

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I would also probably add the first crysis to that game list. Better gameplay in my opinion compared to Crysis 2. Also Team Fortress 2 is a good f2p game. I really enjoy the saxton hale servers on it.