New to PC gaming, what to play?

Hey everyone, I just ordered myself an MSI GT70. I'm new to PC gaming, as this is the first PC I've ever owned that has more than an onboard graphics chip. I already have a Steam account set up and ready to go. My question to you:

What are some good PC games, especially for someone who has always been a console gamer?

Here's a list of things I'm looking at playing, feel free to toss out any ideas:

Bastion
Diablo 3 (really liked 2)
HAWKEN
Witcher 2
Terreria
Rage
Fallout 3 (excited to mod it)
Skyrim (again, mods!)
Left 4 Dead/L2D2
Origin: Dino Beatdown
Torchlight
Orcs Must Die 2
Just Cause 2 (mods)
Crysis 2
Mass Effect 3
STALKER Series
Strike Suit Zero

Probably more as I come across them. Thanks!
13 answers Last reply
More about gaming play
  1. Don't forget playing original witcher before playing witcher 2, because the story those games tell is continuous!

I'd also add Portal to that list.
  2. Thanks for the heads up with the Witcher. Already played portal on console, but I am looking at Quantum Conundrum.
  3. Rage is $10 on Steam right now. If you haven't already, I'd get that.
  4. I would recommend any PC-exclusive games, such as Diablo 3 and some RTS games like League of Legends and stuff like that. Also try out the F2P games like Blacklight: Retribution and other games like that. You will be surprised at how polished some games are for Free2Play.
  5. max payne 3,bf3,assassin's creed brotherhood and revelation,gta IV,splinter cell conviction,hitman blood money,prototype and prototype 2........
  6. dashingdip said:
    max payne 3,bf3,assassin's creed brotherhood and revelation,gta IV,splinter cell conviction,hitman blood money,prototype and prototype 2........

Most of them are not PC games :D They are console ports..
  7. Red Orchestra 2, its a bit "unpolished" but a good game
  8. Counter Strike 1.6, Counter Strike Source, Counter Strike Global Offensive, Warcraft 3, DotA, DotA 2, League of Legends, and maybe Diablo 3
  9. D3 is garbage. Wouldn't even waste your money on it. 3 capped characters all on Inferno, and I can't make it passed the char select screen before I say, "This game sucks." If you liked D2, then don't play D3, nothing alike and will alter your perception of the franchise and blizzard as a whole.
  10. aviconus said:
    D3 is garbage. Wouldn't even waste your money on it. 3 capped characters all on Inferno, and I can't make it passed the char select screen before I say, "This game sucks." If you liked D2, then don't play D3, nothing alike and will alter your perception of the franchise and blizzard as a whole.

I think it was alright, nothing like D2, but I'm not going to pass my final judgement until PVP comes out
  11. Thanks for the lists, everyone! I should get the computer tomorrow, so I'll be saving some of the titles you threw out, and I'll poke around PCGamer.com or a few sites like that and get some more ideas.
  12. I would also probably add the first crysis to that game list. Better gameplay in my opinion compared to Crysis 2. Also Team Fortress 2 is a good f2p game. I really enjoy the saxton hale servers on it.
  13. crysis and warhead instead of crysis 2.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games