Newly upgraded to XP-printer reinstalls/configures every t..

andi

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

I recently upgraded to XP from 98 SE. I have an HP psc 2175x. I reinstalled
from the CD from HP after doing the XP upgrade. Every time I reboot my
computer, I get a message to insert my printer CD and even though I hit
cancel, it goes through a reinstallation of the HP.

We are two users on this PC-and this happens whenever either of us opens our
user account .

Printer should be disconnected prior to upgrade.
and
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370
www.coribright.com