Terminating a Hanging Printing job

I have an HP PSC 1315 (scanner/printer/copier), running XP Pro SP1 and
sometimes, a printing job will fail for whatever reason, meaning that
the printer just sits there, not printing what it's supposed to.

So when I try to cancel the print job in the queue, by right clicking
and choosing cancel, it will continue to show as being cancelled, but
it just hangs in the print job queue, preventing other print jobs from
being printed. The subsequent print jobs in the queue list will
cancel without any problems when I cancel those.

So, what I'm wondering is, short of having to reboot my computer when
a print job hangs and cannot cancel or delete it from the print queue,
is there another way I can effectively terminate the process?

I've used the Task Manager to end the spool process, but that does not
help either. Thanks for your time and courtesy.

Did you try stopping the Print Spooler? From the Command Prompt, type:
net stop spooler

To restart:
net start spooler
www.coribright.com