Constantly rebooting

BigD

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001

I have a Compaq Presario 5BW160. I started having itermittant reboots
that gradually became more and more frequent until now it wont boot at
all. I've scanned for viruses.(none) It will go through boot up until
it loads windows, then reboot? I can bootup from XP disc. I have tried
new hard drive, Ram, power supply, removed all cards and even a
differant monitor? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BigD Wrote:
> I have a Compaq Presario 5BW160. I started having itermittant reboots
> that gradually became more and more frequent until now it wont boot at
> all. I've scanned for viruses.(none) It will go through boot up until
> it loads windows, then reboot? I can bootup from XP disc. I have tried
> new hard drive, Ram, power supply, removed all cards and even a
> differant monitor? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hello..Had the same problem..You probably have ghost applications
running, Go to my computer..right click on properties..click on
hardware profiles..click on every 1 to see if you have 2 of ssomething
running or installed..close them all out..Then reboot..You can even
delete them all..just reboot when finished..windows will reinstall all
you need again

--
pope10