multiplier won't go higher than 10.5

G

I just got a decent heatsink and decided to go for a higher overclock. I have a T-bird 1.333 @ 1.4 on an EpoX 8K7A. The multiplier is controlled by a set of five switches. When I tried to up the multiplier, to 11x, it booted at 7x(this might not be correct). Incidentally, the switch compination for 7x is the same as the comb. for 11x, but with the no. 4 switch off. Any thing higher than 11x also gives me this problem. Since anything higher than 10.5 requires the no. 4 switch to be on, I'm kinda screwed. The no. 4 switch does work, because the lower multipliers that require the no. 4 switch to be on all work. Any body have any ideas. I'm stumped.

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Have you unlocked your T-bird? You can't change the multiplier if
it isn't.

:smile: <font color=blue><b>You get what you pay for...all advice here is free.</b></font color=blue> :smile:

G

Yes its unlocked and it came unlocked from the factory. I can set it to anything between 5.5 and 10.5 and it works fine(although it won't boot at 5x, the fans turn on and nothing happens)

svol

Champion
Maybe your VCore voltage is to low for the 11x multiplier, set it to something between 1.8 and 1.85 and see if it boots up correctly.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek:
It's not a bug, it's a feature

G

I upped the vcore to 1.9v and flashed my BIOS and it still does the same thing