w2000 + latest_wupdate + ZA4 = BLUE_SCREEN

Last response: in Networking
April 17, 2004 6:41:01 PM

after performing the latest windows update on my w2k:
KB837001
KB828741
KB835732
and for ie:
KB831167
KB832894
the os itself runs smoothly, why not - but until the za4 starts (or be
started by hand as many tricks I tried) - then winndows2k crashes into
infamous BLUE SCREEN (with some info about win_kernel crashed and dumped)!

it never happened so far, the only reason that seems to hold is the latest
windows update that clashes with za4

please help, what should I do?

--
0x
Anonymous

0x <0x@nie-smiec.gazeta.pl> wrote in

> after performing the latest windows update on my w2k:
> KB837001
> KB828741
> KB835732
> and for ie:
> KB831167
> KB832894
> the os itself runs smoothly, why not - but until the za4 starts (or be
> started by hand as many tricks I tried) - then winndows2k crashes into
> infamous BLUE SCREEN (with some info about win_kernel crashed and
> dumped)!
>
> it never happened so far, the only reason that seems to hold is the
> latest windows update that clashes with za4
>
> please help, what should I do?

You can try uninstalling ZA off of the machine and installing it back to
see if that will correct the problem. If that doesn't work, then you may
need to contact ZA Tech Support. Before doing the uninstall, you should
disconnect from the Internet.

Duane :)
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 4:22:33 PM

Hi Ox, Before going to Windows Update, you should uncheck Load
Zone Alarm at startup, so it won't interfere with installation at the
reboot to install updates. Also, turn off Cookie, Ad, and Mobile Code
blocking.

You should disable your AV AP before downloading from Windows Update.
It can cause corruption in downloads. I've always done this, and I've
never had a problem with downloading and installation of updates,
including those last week. I use Msconfig to uncheck the AV on the
Startup Tab, so it won't load when the updates are installing. If you
can, uninstall the updates that are causing the problem, and
re-download after taking the steps above. Hope this helps.

charlie R

"0x" <0x@NIESMIECcie.gazeta.pl> wrote in message

> I tried to RE-INSTALL ZA and it did not helped - do You think that
UN-

http://www.free-av.com/ ) intact

!