EQ2: switch servers?

Does SOE allow switching servers in EQ2? Either for a fee or
otherwise? I've hunted through the support FAQs and so forth but
can't find a definitive answer, a link to official info on the
subject would be most helpful.

Paul Botts wrote:

> Does SOE allow switching servers in EQ2? Either for a fee or otherwise?
> I've hunted through the support FAQs and so forth but can't find a
> definitive answer, a link to official info on the subject would be most
> helpful.

Go here: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/ and click the link on the
right that says Character Transfer. When it starts it will be for U.S.
players and cost $50.

--
- Barry

Barry L. Wallis wrote:

> Go here: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/ and click the link on
the
> right that says Character Transfer. When it starts it will be for
U.S.
> players and cost $50.

That service is already implemented, but it is hit and miss. There is
a thread on the official forums about it. For some people, it worked
flawlessly. For others, it took their money (real life) and didn't do
anything.

Apparently, there was a problem where it would create a level five
female mage with your name that was invisible to the world. That
problem morphed into not doing anything.

My advice would be to wait until they get all the bugs worked out.

stevo

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002

I have transferred a character across servers tonight and it was up and
changed within 20 minutes. I would love to know what my $58 bucks covered
though.

"scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Barry L. Wallis wrote:
>
>> Go here: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/ and click the link on
> the
>> right that says Character Transfer. When it starts it will be for
> U.S.
>> players and cost $50.
>
> That service is already implemented, but it is hit and miss. There is
> a thread on the official forums about it. For some people, it worked
> flawlessly. For others, it took their money (real life) and didn't do
> anything.
>
> Apparently, there was a problem where it would create a level five
> female mage with your name that was invisible to the world. That
> problem morphed into not doing anything.
>
> My advice would be to wait until they get all the bugs worked out.

Patrik

"Stevo" <not@here.com> writes:

> "scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Barry L. Wallis wrote:
> >
> >> Go here: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/ and click the link on
> > the
> >> right that says Character Transfer. When it starts it will be for
> > U.S.
> >> players and cost $50.
> >
> > That service is already implemented, but it is hit and miss. There is
> > a thread on the official forums about it. For some people, it worked
> > flawlessly. For others, it took their money (real life) and didn't do
> > anything.

[snip]
> I have transferred a character across servers tonight and it was up and
> changed within 20 minutes. I would love to know what my $58 bucks covered
> though.
[top posting corrected]

It covered keeping from people from overusing the service, plus of
course Smed's next Ferrari.

On 24 May 2005 08:23:36 +0200, patrik@nordebo.com wrote:

>[snip]
>> I have transferred a character across servers tonight and it was up and
>> changed within 20 minutes. I would love to know what my $58 bucks covered
>> though.
>[top posting corrected]
>
>It covered keeping from people from overusing the service, plus of
>course Smed's next Ferrari.

And, of course, it covered the customer being stupid enough to shell
it out. ;p

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814