Cisco PIX 501 Firewall password

Anyone knows whats the default username and password for Cisco PIX 501
Firewall, i just got one but cannot config it, cause dont know the
default password
6 answers Last reply
More about cisco firewall password

    Hi,

    Gregory <gregoryvolkov@comcast.net> wrote:
    > Anyone knows whats the default username and password for Cisco PIX 501
    > Firewall, i just got one but cannot config it, cause dont know the
    > default password

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_password_recovery09186a008009478b.shtml

    Greetings,
    Jens

    Gregory,

    By default, i.e. straight out of the box, there are no passwords at all. If
    someone has set one, and you don't know it, then follow the link given by
    Jens.

    Regards,

    Reg

    "Jens Hoffmann" <jh@bofh.de> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Gregory <gregoryvolkov@comcast.net> wrote:
    > > Anyone knows whats the default username and password for Cisco PIX 501
    > > Firewall, i just got one but cannot config it, cause dont know the
    > > default password

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_password_recovery09186a008009478b.shtml

    > Greetings,
    > Jens

    Wonderful!

    Got this firewall brand new from CDW and apperantly it is used, since
    there is password on it. going to call CDW and find out.
    Thanks
    Password recovery thing should help though.

    gregoryvolkov@comcast.net (Gregory) wrote in message news:<5bfd4ed7.0404170818.2b1fbcb1@posting.google.com>...
    > Anyone knows whats the default username and password for Cisco PIX 501
    > Firewall, i just got one but cannot config it, cause dont know the
    > default password

    hhhmm

    i tried to recover the password but no success. still asks for
    username and password. this is a PIX 501 with 50U and i tried to
    recover the password with np63.bin and doesnt recover. But second
    recovery attempt said that there is no passwords to recover. Oh yeah
    and i called cisco thursday, they said they will call me in 1 Hr, yeah
    right, nobody called me.

    Gregory,

    I know it is obvious, and I apologise for asking, but you have confirmed
    that the software version is currently 6.3 ? As that is the version of
    recovery you have used, and it gives slightly strange results if you use the
    wrong one. It shows the version when you reboot, and your PC is connected to
    the serial port, which it should be for this procedure. If you are connected
    to the console port, it should never prompt for a password anyway, unless
    you go to enable mode, so you can see the version of software using the 'sh
    ver' command.

    The reset prodecure should set the enable password to nothing, but I have
    known it to take a couple of goes, so it is worth trying again.

    If all else fails, return it to the vendor and get them to swap it for
    another one.

    Hope you get a resolution soon.

    Regards,

    Reg

    "BlankReg" <me@here.now> wrote in message news:<c603j5$i34$1@news.freedom2surf.net>...
    > Gregory,
    >
    > I know it is obvious, and I apologise for asking, but you have confirmed
    > that the software version is currently 6.3 ? As that is the version of
    > recovery you have used, and it gives slightly strange results if you use the
    > wrong one. It shows the version when you reboot, and your PC is connected to
    > the serial port, which it should be for this procedure. If you are connected
    > to the console port, it should never prompt for a password anyway, unless
    > you go to enable mode, so you can see the version of software using the 'sh
    > ver' command.
    >
    > The reset prodecure should set the enable password to nothing, but I have
    > known it to take a couple of goes, so it is worth trying again.
    >
    > If all else fails, return it to the vendor and get them to swap it for
    > another one.
    >
    > Hope you get a resolution soon.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Reg
    >
    > "Gregory" <gregoryvolkov@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > gregoryvolkov@comcast.net (Gregory) wrote in message
    > > > Anyone knows whats the default username and password for Cisco PIX 501
    > > > Firewall, i just got one but cannot config it, cause dont know the
    > > > default password
    > >
    > > hhhmm
    > >
    > > i tried to recover the password but no success. still asks for
    > > username and password. this is a PIX 501 with 50U and i tried to
    > > recover the password with np63.bin and doesnt recover. But second
    > > recovery attempt said that there is no passwords to recover. Oh yeah
    > > and i called cisco thursday, they said they will call me in 1 Hr, yeah
    > > right, nobody called me.

    How are you trying to connect? Via telnet or Console cable?
    Thanks,
    Josh

Firewalls Default Cisco Security Networking