Help cannot load printer drivers

I have a Epson c60 printer that used to work properly under XP. Now
everytime I start the computer with the printer on the found new hardware
wizard starts and cannot install my drivers correctly, but I can still
print. I have downloaded other drivers for XP but I get
C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt can not run this DOS based 16 bit program.
I think I've tried everything, but I guess not. Everytime I turn the printer
on I get the wizard wanting to install drivers, which it wont load mine or
find any in windows.
Help Please,
Jim
jpb51@sbcglobal.net
1 answer Last reply
More about help load printer drivers

    See:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767
    www.coribright.com

    <jpbeasley@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >I have a Epson c60 printer that used to work properly under XP. Now
    >everytime I start the computer with the printer on the found new hardware
    >wizard starts and cannot install my drivers correctly, but I can still
    >print. I have downloaded other drivers for XP but I get
    >C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt can not run this DOS based 16 bit program.
    > I think I've tried everything, but I guess not. Everytime I turn the
    > printer on I get the wizard wanting to install drivers, which it wont load
    > mine or find any in windows.
    > Help Please,
    > Jim
    > jpb51@sbcglobal.net