Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Battlefield Premium?

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
August 4, 2012 8:56:58 PM

Ugh, so I wanted to buy Battlefield Premium. I was at Target, I had some money with me, and I decided to just buy 3 $20 game cards that credit your account with $20 since I was already there. Unfortunately since my account is underage (I think this is the problem), I can't even buy it.... I'd be ok with this except I just wasted $60 and as far as I know can't get a refund? Is there no option to have a guardian give permission or something? Getting really irritated by this, if I can get a refund I'll just buy it off of Amazon.... Any help or did I just waste $60?
-Thanks =[

More about : battlefield premium

Best solution

August 4, 2012 11:06:26 PM

how do they know your under age? did you have to give it when you bought the cards?... if so its tough luck as they wont allow a refund on the basis the game is rated 18 and your not.
they will tell you to buy age appropriate content... i know that sux but they have to apply the standards set out because if they dont they end up in court. also they wont allow an adult to buy it for you with money on that account... all you could possibly do is transfer it to a paypal account and use that. but again you will be bypassing a law that is meant to protect you. which could see the person who buys the game for you in the same position as origin.(its unlikely but could feasibly happen) as games companies and the law are now actively pursuing retailers who flaunt the law.
Anonymous
August 4, 2012 11:40:24 PM

Yeah, they know I'm under age, I just thought it wouldn't matter because I already have the GAME so why would it matter if I bought the Premium? Whatever the case is, my parents are perfectly fine with me playing it, since it's nothing like life. I actually purchased the game on my parents' Amazon account and just registered it on my EA account, looks like I'll be doing that again with this Premium and just be screwed out of $60 since there doesn't seem to be a way to get a refund. Gotta love EA and their horrible design of Origin (how hard is it to get a consent email from a guardian?). I guess I'll just best answer you since this problem resolved itself in the fact that I said "screw it"
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
August 4, 2012 11:42:57 PM

Best answer selected by iTryHard.
m
l
August 5, 2012 7:43:15 PM

Wait until you're 18.
m
l
August 5, 2012 10:36:12 PM

Anonymous said:
Yeah, they know I'm under age, I just thought it wouldn't matter because I already have the GAME so why would it matter if I bought the Premium? Whatever the case is, my parents are perfectly fine with me playing it, since it's nothing like life. I actually purchased the game on my parents' Amazon account and just registered it on my EA account, looks like I'll be doing that again with this Premium and just be screwed out of $60 since there doesn't seem to be a way to get a refund. Gotta love EA and their horrible design of Origin (how hard is it to get a consent email from a guardian?). I guess I'll just best answer you since this problem resolved itself in the fact that I said "screw it"

I hate to break it to you, but this is a situation that you've put yourself into by unknowingly attempting to circumvent a legal standard. And then knowingly wishing to circumvent it. You'll have this issue anywhere that you aren't smart enough to attach a "legal" age to your account preemptively.

If you want a serious answer to the question about a "consent email from a guardian", I can't possibly imagine one. Hopefully you can in hindsight appreciate how ridiculous that sentiment is when you are dealing with a company or organization to whom you are faceless.
m
l
August 6, 2012 12:40:52 PM

This may be too late, but you have a sub account. The master account can change which games you can play and how much you can spend per month. The master account must also be the one to add funds to your wallet when using PSN cards.

My son has a sub account, but now that he is older, I've set the games he can play up to rated M games and a $200/month spending limit ( I make him buy the PSN cards). I think it's absurd that sub accounts don't automatically becaome standard accounts when the user becomes 17.
m
l
!