  • Hewlett Packard
  • Windows XP
a b α HP
December 13, 2004 12:37:03 AM

I have installed a HP1350 on a standalone PC with WinXP Sp2; Gigabyte 8SQ800
M/B; SiS655 chipset; and 57GB free on the HDD.

Always the system says "Error connecting to scanner" when ever trying to
scan. The printer works fine.

I have: un-installed and re-installed the software +8 times; deleted the USB
devices in Device Manager: upgraded the chipset to F7 and updated the USB
drivers; switched to the generic USB drivers; tried Win2000 compatibility
mode; did a system restore to prior to SP2.

All to on effect. I think it might be a registry problem and need help with
where to look.

More about : scanning problems

Anonymous
a b α HP
December 13, 2004 3:25:20 PM

Did it ever work?
www.coribright.com

"CharlesF" <CharlesF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed a HP1350 on a standalone PC with WinXP Sp2; Gigabyte
>8SQ800
> M/B; SiS655 chipset; and 57GB free on the HDD.
>
> Always the system says "Error connecting to scanner" when ever trying to
> scan. The printer works fine.
>
> I have: un-installed and re-installed the software +8 times; deleted the
> USB
> devices in Device Manager: upgraded the chipset to F7 and updated the USB
> drivers; switched to the generic USB drivers; tried Win2000 compatibility
> mode; did a system restore to prior to SP2.
>
> All to on effect. I think it might be a registry problem and need help
> with
> where to look.

Anonymous
a b α HP
December 14, 2004 6:01:01 AM

No, it never worked on my system, but both printer and cable work on another
machine.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did it ever work?
> www.coribright.com
>
> "CharlesF" <CharlesF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have installed a HP1350 on a standalone PC with WinXP Sp2; Gigabyte
> >8SQ800
> > M/B; SiS655 chipset; and 57GB free on the HDD.
> >
> > Always the system says "Error connecting to scanner" when ever trying to
> > scan. The printer works fine.
> >
> > I have: un-installed and re-installed the software +8 times; deleted the
> > USB
> > devices in Device Manager: upgraded the chipset to F7 and updated the USB
> > drivers; switched to the generic USB drivers; tried Win2000 compatibility
> > mode; did a system restore to prior to SP2.
> >
> > All to on effect. I think it might be a registry problem and need help
> > with
> > where to look.

a b α HP
December 28, 2004 3:47:04 PM

have the same problem on a hp psc 1310 all -in-one , did you resolve the
problem

"CharlesF" wrote:

> I have installed a HP1350 on a standalone PC with WinXP Sp2; Gigabyte 8SQ800
> M/B; SiS655 chipset; and 57GB free on the HDD.
>
> Always the system says "Error connecting to scanner" when ever trying to
> scan. The printer works fine.
>
> I have: un-installed and re-installed the software +8 times; deleted the USB
> devices in Device Manager: upgraded the chipset to F7 and updated the USB
> drivers; switched to the generic USB drivers; tried Win2000 compatibility
> mode; did a system restore to prior to SP2.
>
> All to on effect. I think it might be a registry problem and need help with
> where to look.
Anonymous
a b α HP
December 28, 2004 4:03:07 PM

I have the same problem ,have you reslove the problem?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did it ever work?
> www.coribright.com
>
> "CharlesF" <CharlesF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have installed a HP1350 on a standalone PC with WinXP Sp2; Gigabyte
> >8SQ800
> > M/B; SiS655 chipset; and 57GB free on the HDD.
> >
> > Always the system says "Error connecting to scanner" when ever trying to
> > scan. The printer works fine.
> >
> > I have: un-installed and re-installed the software +8 times; deleted the
> > USB
> > devices in Device Manager: upgraded the chipset to F7 and updated the USB
> > drivers; switched to the generic USB drivers; tried Win2000 compatibility
> > mode; did a system restore to prior to SP2.
> >
> > All to on effect. I think it might be a registry problem and need help
> > with
> > where to look.

Anonymous
a b α HP
December 29, 2004 8:09:03 AM

Hi,

I backed-up, re-formatted and reloaded everything. Turns out there was a
conflict when I was loading the HP software; this this it asked to restart
(which had never happened before) and after the restart, finished loading.
Because HP's software is a bit dodgy, it doesn't create a log file of the
installation so there is no way to identify the problem and their support is
not good.
September 17, 2011 8:22:09 PM

Re: Using Windows XP either to scan from the printer or trying All In One Director or the HP Photo Imaging, the active X error would come up.

After spending hours on HP sites, Microsoft help, drivers, etc. I ran the free version of Malwarebytes,

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_freeo....

I then ran free version of Avast and it also has a boot up scan you can
tell it to run when you restart your computer. Running the boot scan found one malware program which it confined, quaranteened. Which I believe was causing problems with the printer and active X controls.

I'm not involved with either or the two companys but I found both of them
finding important problems and malware on my computer. Their free to try and fix stuff without those deceptive free scans that show 5000 problems the the come on of buying it to fix it or the so called free if you only buy a discount to something you can't use.

I really appreciate a quality product and hell yes if their full version adds some other things I'll buy it. Their full versions are very economical and seeing they did what I needed will buy them. Better than all the stacks of software I spent money on that didn't work. Good Luck.

sangle
a c 76 α HP
September 17, 2011 9:06:34 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!