Printing from limited login

We are a public library with 6 PC’s for public Internet access. They are Win
XP pro machines, with the latest updates, except that we do not have SP 2.
Each of these PC’s has a printer attached for our “patrons� (members of the
public) to print things. The patrons log in with a limited login.

The problem is when we want to cancel a print job. We click the printer on
the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up the window which
should list the print job(s). From there we can cancel whatever print jobs
we need to cancel. But on 2 of the 6 PC’s, the print job is not shown. On
the other 4 the print job is shown, and we can cancel it with no problem.

(We do have a workaround for this. We can login as Administrator, and there
we can see the print job and delete it).

Possible clue: On the 2 PC’s which will not show the print jobs, they will
not do a scandisk. The other 4 will do a scandisk.

Thanks,
Wayne

Check the 2 PCs, and see if the user accounts have access to "Manage
Printer", or maybe Manage Documents. Not sure which.

"Wayne" wrote:

> We are a public library with 6 PC’s for public Internet access. They are Win
> XP pro machines, with the latest updates, except that we do not have SP 2.
> Each of these PC’s has a printer attached for our “patrons� (members of the
> public) to print things. The patrons log in with a limited login.
>
> The problem is when we want to cancel a print job. We click the printer on
> the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up the window which
> should list the print job(s). From there we can cancel whatever print jobs
> we need to cancel. But on 2 of the 6 PC’s, the print job is not shown. On
> the other 4 the print job is shown, and we can cancel it with no problem.
>
> (We do have a workaround for this. We can login as Administrator, and there
> we can see the print job and delete it).
>
> Possible clue: On the 2 PC’s which will not show the print jobs, they will
> not do a scandisk. The other 4 will do a scandisk.
>
> Thanks,
> Wayne

Head Hunter, that sounds like what I need to do. But when I right-click on
the printer and select Properties, there is no security tab. Is there an
alternate way to get into the permissions?

Thanks