Amd XP2000+ with the Soyo Dragon +

If you have the Amd XP 2000+ cpu with the Soyo Dragon + MotherBoard i would like to know which CPU cooler You selected.
I may want to overclock, thats why i really don't want to get the Retail Package
Many people request the Alpha 8045, but on all the reviews it's being used with Much lower CPU's i need something good for the
XP 2000+

Thanks, Rob

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!
10 answers Last reply
More about xp2000 soyo dragon
  1. you want the truth? u want the truth? u can't handle the truth.
    the best hsf available for your heavy weight xp2000+ can only be ..the one... the only "Swiftech MCX462".
    but keep in mind it cost a fortune ( for a heatsink that is )
  2. that price is WAY outta my league just for a HSF... i was thinking about the Alpha 8045.... or some a Coolermaster

3. If you want to cool your XP without having to go to water, the MCX462 is the best there is. I've got one and I've learned that I could go without the Delta 38, so I threw an Enermax adjustable fan on it and it's much quieter but still hovers around 40C.
  4. Rob, contrary to what people are telling you here, the Swiftech is not significantly better performing than the Alpha. However, I don't think it would fit on your motherboard.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
  5. well, now im GOING INSANE!!! im not buying anything till JUNE. #1 will the Soyo Dragon + be long gone by then, will something be released to blow it away. I aint gonna buy Xp2000+ when in like 4 or 5 months, XP2300 will be out. id rather wait alittle more.

6. hehe, that's progress for ya! :wink:

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
  7. so you would buy the xp 2300 when the xp 3000 would be out 3 months after that?

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.
  8. lol, I will wait till JUNE, thats it....what ever's the fastest AMD cpu out by then is what ill get

9. I solve this dilema by never paying too much on a system. Then 6 months later, I upgrade a couple of components and then 6 months after that, I make a few more upgrades, etc. Personally, I would never go out and buy the best of the best and realize it's considered a "value" component a few months later. So for example, say I have a budget of $3000 on a PC. Rather than spending the entire $3000, I buy a $1500 baseline PC with cheap graphics and sound. Six months later, I'd get the second best graphics and sound I can find. Six months after that, I upgrade the CPU to the second best of that time, etc, etc. You will eventually find out that you've spent about the same total amount of money for a PC that will last you a lot longer.

10. good idea, But it's not really my money so i don't give a SHEEEET

Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks CPUs Soyo AMD Windows XP Overclocking