Sign in with
Your question

Amd XP2000+ with the Soyo Dragon +

Last response: in Overclocking
March 9, 2002 8:36:27 PM

If you have the Amd XP 2000+ cpu with the Soyo Dragon + MotherBoard i would like to know which CPU cooler You selected.
I may want to overclock, thats why i really don't want to get the Retail Package
Many people request the Alpha 8045, but on all the reviews it's being used with Much lower CPU's i need something good for the
XP 2000+

Thanks, Rob

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!

More about : amd xp2000 soyo dragon

March 10, 2002 5:57:13 AM

you want the truth? u want the truth? u can't handle the truth.
the best hsf available for your heavy weight xp2000+ can only be ..the one... the only "Swiftech MCX462".
but keep in mind it cost a fortune ( for a heatsink that is )
March 10, 2002 1:12:03 PM

that price is WAY outta my league just for a HSF... i was thinking about the Alpha 8045.... or some a Coolermaster

Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 12, 2002 6:26:17 AM

If you want to cool your XP without having to go to water, the MCX462 is the best there is. I've got one and I've learned that I could go without the Delta 38, so I threw an Enermax adjustable fan on it and it's much quieter but still hovers around 40C.
March 12, 2002 2:44:24 PM

Rob, contrary to what people are telling you here, the Swiftech is not significantly better performing than the Alpha. However, I don't think it would fit on your motherboard.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
March 12, 2002 11:11:39 PM

well, now im GOING INSANE!!! im not buying anything till JUNE. #1 will the Soyo Dragon + be long gone by then, will something be released to blow it away. I aint gonna buy Xp2000+ when in like 4 or 5 months, XP2300 will be out. id rather wait alittle more.

March 13, 2002 12:00:49 AM

hehe, that's progress for ya! :wink:

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
March 13, 2002 5:19:26 AM

so you would buy the xp 2300 when the xp 3000 would be out 3 months after that?

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.
March 13, 2002 11:19:27 AM

lol, I will wait till JUNE, thats it....what ever's the fastest AMD cpu out by then is what ill get

March 13, 2002 11:55:11 AM

I solve this dilema by never paying too much on a system. Then 6 months later, I upgrade a couple of components and then 6 months after that, I make a few more upgrades, etc. Personally, I would never go out and buy the best of the best and realize it's considered a "value" component a few months later. So for example, say I have a budget of $3000 on a PC. Rather than spending the entire $3000, I buy a $1500 baseline PC with cheap graphics and sound. Six months later, I'd get the second best graphics and sound I can find. Six months after that, I upgrade the CPU to the second best of that time, etc, etc. You will eventually find out that you've spent about the same total amount of money for a PC that will last you a lot longer.

March 13, 2002 6:03:55 PM

good idea, But it's not really my money so i don't give a SHEEEET

!