Performance tips

Jdust

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Hi everyone!

So i would say i have a pretty decent computer, but it's never been able to run those big games completely stable. What i want to know is tips to making things run more smoothly. Here is my system specs:

Custom build computer:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz (X4 = quad core)
ATI Radeon HD 5850 (5800 series) 1 gb dedicated GDDR5
4,00 GB Ram

I tried overclocking the graphics card, but it only helped with 1-2 frames per second, and resulted in BF3 crashing after some few minutes(though not other games, pretty weird, not even MW3, GTA IV, FSX and etc. crashed at ultra high), I've been thinking about getting some more ram, do you think it would improve it?

I'm also running Game Booster, and wanted to know if you can recommend any other programs.

Jdust

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

Thanks for your input. Was afraid that was the problem. How about ram, do you think it will improve my computer drastically to add 4 gb extra (high speed ram of course)

Most games are fine on 4Gb RAM so I don't think you will see a noticable difference on many games if you don't want a better GPU just lower the settings a bit its still a good card if you don't mind playing on high instead of ultra to get better FPS.

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
1 - Overclock the CPU (add a cooler)

2 - Upgrade the GPU (not essential though that should do BF3 at medium at 1080p with reasonable FPS)

3 - Up the RAM (check usage when gaming but I sometimes tip over 4GB when playing BF3)

If your wanting to play BF3 at ultra you need a big money GPU GTX580 / 670 / 680