PRL 50288 vs. 50271

Rich

PRL 50288 (AC II) has been released and here are the changes compared to
PRL 50271. Some of the details of the SIDs were obtained from
http://mallard.rainyday.mb.ca/~dialtone/ and www.mountainwireless.com
and http://www.ifast.org/SIDtables.htm

Some changes in priority and changes from A to D/A may not be noted
along with any other changes that I may have missed.

I would classify this as a very minor change. Just one change in
priority and 2 new areas. Please note that this is just for AC II (no
roaming).

VZW = Verizon native area - no triangle
FRM = Free Roam/Extended Network - no triangle
FRL = Free Roam/Extended Network Limited - flashing triangle
RM = Roaming - solid triangle
NEG = Negative Entry - will not roam on this provider
(A) = Analog Only
D/A = Digital/Analog
[D] = Digital Only
PCS = PCS

The following FRM areas moved up in priority and are now above
01214 (Cellular 29 Plus), 01661, 01367, 00371 (Western Wireless)
1372 [D] FRM Midwest Wireless
CMA288B Rochester, MN
CMA488B Minnesota 7 - Chippewa
CMA489B Minnesota 8 - Lac qui Parle
CMA490B Minnesota 9 - Pipestone
CMA491B Minnesota 10 - Le Sueur
CMA492B Minnesota 11 - Goodhue
1236 [D] FRM Midwest Wireless
CMA414B Iowa 3 - Monroe
CMA417B Iowa 6 - Iowa
CMA422B Iowa 11 - Hardin
CMA423B Iowa 12 - Winneshiek
CMA424B Iowa 13 - Mitchell
CMA425B Iowa 14 - Kossuth
CMA426B Iowa 15 - Dickinson
CMA427B Iowa 16 - Lyon

The following FRM areas were added.
31092 D/A FRM Sagebrush Cellular
CMA525B Montana 3 - Phillips
CMA526B Montana 4 - Daniels
31092 D/A FRM Triangle Communication Systems
CMA524B Montana 2 - Toole
CMA525B Montana 3 - Phillips
3086 D/A FRM Blanca Telephone Company
CMA356B Colorado 9 - Costilla

"Rich" <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org> wrote in message
> PRL 50288 (AC II) has been released and here are the changes compared to
> PRL 50271. Some of the details of the SIDs were obtained from
> http://mallard.rainyday.mb.ca/~dialtone/ and www.mountainwireless.com
> and http://www.ifast.org/SIDtables.htm
>
> Some changes in priority and changes from A to D/A may not be noted
> along with any other changes that I may have missed.
>
> I would classify this as a very minor change. Just one change in
> priority and 2 new areas. Please note that this is just for AC II (no
> roaming).
>
> VZW = Verizon native area - no triangle
> FRM = Free Roam/Extended Network - no triangle
> FRL = Free Roam/Extended Network Limited - flashing triangle
> RM = Roaming - solid triangle
> NEG = Negative Entry - will not roam on this provider
> (A) = Analog Only
> D/A = Digital/Analog
> [D] = Digital Only
> PCS = PCS

> The following FRM areas moved up in priority and are now above
> 01214 (Cellular 29 Plus), 01661, 01367, 00371 (Western Wireless)
> 1372 [D] FRM Midwest Wireless
> CMA288B Rochester, MN
> CMA488B Minnesota 7 - Chippewa
> CMA489B Minnesota 8 - Lac qui Parle
> CMA490B Minnesota 9 - Pipestone
> CMA491B Minnesota 10 - Le Sueur
> CMA492B Minnesota 11 - Goodhue
> 1236 [D] FRM Midwest Wireless
> CMA414B Iowa 3 - Monroe
> CMA417B Iowa 6 - Iowa
> CMA422B Iowa 11 - Hardin
> CMA423B Iowa 12 - Winneshiek
> CMA424B Iowa 13 - Mitchell
> CMA425B Iowa 14 - Kossuth
> CMA426B Iowa 15 - Dickinson
> CMA427B Iowa 16 - Lyon

> The following FRM areas were added.
> 31092 D/A FRM Sagebrush Cellular
> CMA525B Montana 3 - Phillips
> CMA526B Montana 4 - Daniels
> 31092 D/A FRM Triangle Communication Systems
> CMA524B Montana 2 - Toole
> CMA525B Montana 3 - Phillips
> 3086 D/A FRM Blanca Telephone Company
> CMA356B Colorado 9 - Costilla

Interestingly enough, my wife activated her phone yesterday and downloaded
50271. Last night I updated my phone (activated on Tuesday) for curiousity
sake and got 50288. It doesn't look like it will make any difference in any
case as we are on the east coast.

Do you have to do something, i.e. take some action, to get on the AC2
network? Or do you get it automatically by being on an AC plan
already? I just updated my PRL and got 50284 in MI.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:28:28 -0500, bigk@kentmcpherson.com wrote:

> Do you have to do something, i.e. take some action, to get on the AC2
> network? Or do you get it automatically by being on an AC plan
> already? I just updated my PRL and got 50284 in MI.

You need to renew your contract to get AC2, as it is a new plan.

OTOH, why would you want to?

Rich

CellGuy wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:28:28 -0500, bigk@kentmcpherson.com wrote:
>
>>Do you have to do something, i.e. take some action, to get on the AC2
>>network? Or do you get it automatically by being on an AC plan
>>already? I just updated my PRL and got 50284 in MI.
>
> You need to renew your contract to get AC2, as it is a new plan.
>
> OTOH, why would you want to?

Since they are in Michigan, they may want to to get expanded extended
coverage in the UP.

Rich

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:09:16 -0500, Rich <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org>
wrote:

>CellGuy wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:28:28 -0500, bigk@kentmcpherson.com wrote:
>>
>>>Do you have to do something, i.e. take some action, to get on the AC2
>>>network? Or do you get it automatically by being on an AC plan
>>>already? I just updated my PRL and got 50284 in MI.
>>
>> You need to renew your contract to get AC2, as it is a new plan.
>>
>> OTOH, why would you want to?
>
>Since they are in Michigan, they may want to to get expanded extended
>coverage in the UP.
>
>Rich

That is exactly why I'd want to renew as I have relatives in the
eastern end of the U.P. As I see the map, that would now be
included as non-roaming. Is that right?

Rich

bigk@kentmcpherson.com wrote:
> That is exactly why I'd want to renew as I have relatives in the
> eastern end of the U.P. As I see the map, that would now be
> included as non-roaming. Is that right?

That is correct. On AC I, Alltel was included as non-roaming on the
Eastern end of the UP, with AC II, you get both Alltel and RFB (Cellular
One) on the Eastern End of the UP.

Rich

<bigk@kentmcpherson.com> wrote in message
> Do you have to do something, i.e. take some action, to get on the AC2
> network? Or do you get it automatically by being on an AC plan
> already? I just updated my PRL and got 50284 in MI.

I got on AC2 because we just signed up for VZW this past week and activated
the phones earlier this week. AC1 is no longer offered to new customers.

Viper

I have a LG 8000 phone and I still have PRL 50266. I live in Northern
Kentucky 20 miles south of Cincinnati Ohio. Dose it matter what area you
live in to determine what PRL you get? Is it because I have the EVDO on my
phone and V Cast? I have the new AC2 plan. I am on the 900 Min. plan for
59.99

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:30:26 GMT, Viper wrote:

> I have a LG 8000 phone and I still have PRL 50266. I live in Northern
> Kentucky 20 miles south of Cincinnati Ohio. Dose it matter what area you
> live in to determine what PRL you get?

No, your phone type and your billing plan determine the PRL you get.