1. What is your budget? 500-750$ But if you get something off a website that has a payment plan 1000-1300$
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? I was thinking 15 or maybe 13
3. What screen resolution do you want? I would love 1900x1200 but lower is okay
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop Replacer
5. How much battery life do you need? 5 to 7
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I want to play Sims 3,MW3,Minecraft ,LA Noire, GTA4, and a few more at atleast high
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Movies
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500 to 1TB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.HP,Newegg,Dell
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2 Years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Doesn't matter
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I like ASUS
Based on the games you want to play I'd recommend a desktop computer.
Sims 3, LA Noire, and GTA4, MW3 are going to need a pretty solid gaming laptop. In the $500-$750 range you're probably not going to be satisfied. Plus you will be unlikely to find a laptop with 1920x1200 resolution in that price range.
To keep from playing at minimum graphic settings, stuttering, or being unable to play, you're probably going to need solid gaming laptop.
FYI - Take my comments with a grain of salt. I dislike playing things at less than "High" settings! LOL Games like GTA4 were not coded so great and require quite a bit of CPU power and lots of GPU RAM.