Mac and PC print sharing

December 17, 2004 11:37:06 AM

We have our mac (OSX) connected directly to our HP 1012 printer. We just
recently got a laptop PC and have been able to connect to the mac via
our home network just fine. I can read files on my mac w/o issue. I can
not however, access our printer via the mac from our PC.

The PC and the mac have the appropriate print driversinstalled and both can
print just fine when connected directly to the printer.

My mac is set to file share and print share. I have gone through the windows
"add a printer" wizard and it appears to add my printer but I am unsuccesful
in actually printing anything. Nothing appears in the print queue.

Has anyone been succesful sharing a printer in this way? help!

More about : mac print sharing

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 11:33:02 AM

"Jen" wrote:

> We have our mac (OSX) connected directly to our HP 1012 printer. We just
> recently got a laptop PC and have been able to connect to the mac via
> our home network just fine. I can read files on my mac w/o issue. I can
> not however, access our printer via the mac from our PC.
>
> The PC and the mac have the appropriate print driversinstalled and both can
> print just fine when connected directly to the printer.
>
> My mac is set to file share and print share. I have gone through the windows
> "add a printer" wizard and it appears to add my printer but I am unsuccesful
> in actually printing anything. Nothing appears in the print queue.
>
> Has anyone been succesful sharing a printer in this way? help!
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 11:35:02 AM

"Jen" wrote:

> We have our mac (OSX) connected directly to our HP 1012 printer. We just
> recently got a laptop PC and have been able to connect to the mac via
> our home network just fine. I can read files on my mac w/o issue. I can
> not however, access our printer via the mac from our PC.
>
> The PC and the mac have the appropriate print driversinstalled and both can
> print just fine when connected directly to the printer.
>
> My mac is set to file share and print share. I have gone through the windows
> "add a printer" wizard and it appears to add my printer but I am unsuccesful
> in actually printing anything. Nothing appears in the print queue.
>
> Has anyone been succesful sharing a printer in this way? help!

I have the same problem. Did yiu get it to work?
!