Fax an excel sheet

I'm using the following code to fax a really simple text excel sheet (1
sheet only with a test string only):

Dim objFaxDocument As New FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocument

'Set the fax body
objFaxDocument.Body = "test.xls"

'Add recipient
objFaxDocument.Recipients.Add "0123456789", "John"

'Submit the document to the fax server at localhost
objFaxDocument.Submit ("")

I'm working using Visual Basic on a Windows2003 Std machine where I've
installed Acrobat Reader and Office viewer (Excel viewer 2003).

Well, I'm seeing the Excel rendering the document but then hanging with the
XLSView process using 100% CPU.

Any idea ?
Rgds,
Christian
6 answers Last reply
More about excel sheet

    I can't seem to figure how to get this XP fax to work, it tells me there is
    no dial tone and I'm running DSL HELP

    "Christian" wrote:

    > I'm using the following code to fax a really simple text excel sheet (1
    > sheet only with a test string only):
    >
    > Dim objFaxDocument As New FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocument
    >
    > 'Set the fax body
    > objFaxDocument.Body = "test.xls"
    >
    > 'Add recipient
    > objFaxDocument.Recipients.Add "0123456789", "John"
    >
    > 'Submit the document to the fax server at localhost
    > objFaxDocument.Submit ("")
    >
    > I'm working using Visual Basic on a Windows2003 Std machine where I've
    > installed Acrobat Reader and Office viewer (Excel viewer 2003).
    >
    > Well, I'm seeing the Excel rendering the document but then hanging with the
    > XLSView process using 100% CPU.
    >
    > Any idea ?
    > Rgds,
    > Christian

    Hi,
    you can trust me it works perfectly with other documents (.txt, .pdf,
    ..jpg...) and also on the other machine where I have installed the whole
    Office suite.
    So is it a problem of the Excel viewer ?

    Rgds,
    Chris

    "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I can't seem to figure how to get this XP fax to work, it tells me there
    is
    > no dial tone and I'm running DSL HELP
    >
    > "Christian" wrote:
    >
    > > I'm using the following code to fax a really simple text excel sheet (1
    > > sheet only with a test string only):
    > >
    > > Dim objFaxDocument As New FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocument
    > >
    > > 'Set the fax body
    > > objFaxDocument.Body = "test.xls"
    > >
    > > 'Add recipient
    > > objFaxDocument.Recipients.Add "0123456789", "John"
    > >
    > > 'Submit the document to the fax server at localhost
    > > objFaxDocument.Submit ("")
    > >
    > > I'm working using Visual Basic on a Windows2003 Std machine where I've
    > > installed Acrobat Reader and Office viewer (Excel viewer 2003).
    > >
    > > Well, I'm seeing the Excel rendering the document but then hanging with
    the
    > > XLSView process using 100% CPU.
    > >
    > > Any idea ?
    > > Rgds,
    > > Christian

    Sending a fax when you have DSL requires one of two methods:

    1. You obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard voice
    telephone to the DSL line, then connect your analog fax modem to the line
    through the line filter. Your DSL provider has these filters, as does your
    local Radio Shack store:

    http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F002%5F000&Page=1&find=dsl%20filter(keyword)

    2. You hire an Internet E-faxing service:

    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#internetfax
    Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
    http://www.savetz.com/fax/
    FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I can't seem to figure how to get this XP fax to work, it tells me there is
    > no dial tone and I'm running DSL HELP

    But I don't want to send fax over DSL or over internet in general !!!!
    I'm sending fax with local fax server through a standard analog modem.

    "Hal Hostetler [MVP-S/U]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
    > Sending a fax when you have DSL requires one of two methods:
    >
    > 1. You obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard voice
    > telephone to the DSL line, then connect your analog fax modem to the line
    > through the line filter. Your DSL provider has these filters, as does
    your
    > local Radio Shack store:

    http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F002%5F000&Page=1&find=dsl%20filter(keyword)

    > 2. You hire an Internet E-faxing service:
    >
    > http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#internetfax
    > Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
    > http://www.savetz.com/fax/
    > FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?
    >
    > Hal
    > --
    > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
    > Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
    >
    > "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I can't seem to figure how to get this XP fax to work, it tells me there
    is
    > > no dial tone and I'm running DSL HELP

  5. I know this is an old thread but I hope someone will help me out.

    I am using FAXCOMlib to fax .pdf and .xls files, both work fine. The problem I am having is that I can only fax the selected sheet. Is there a way to select which data sheet I can fax?

    Thanks for the help.
  6. I realize after re-reading this it was worded poorly, I will be more specific. Excel files can have multiple sheets and I would like to know if it is possible to pick which sheet I would like to fax. The way my code is now it only faxes the sheet which is visible upon opening the document. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fax Excel Windows XP