Fax Console to use info from MicrosoftPersonal Address Book

Message: I need to import my Personal Address Book (*.pab) file onto a
Windows XP Professional computer. My old computer had Microsoft Fax, which
got its fax cover information and fax numbers from the Microsoft Personal
Address Book (.pab file). How do I get Fax Console to access the fax numbers
and other information from the .pab file?

PAB's have not been in use for over 6 years. They were replaced by the
Outlook Contacts Folder and the Outlook Address Book. You can import your
PAB into Outlook. If you are not using Outlook, you can import a PAB file
into Outlook Express/Windows Address Book, which Windows XP will use
whenever Outlook is not installed.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Message: I need to import my Personal Address Book (*.pab) file onto a
> Windows XP Professional computer. My old computer had Microsoft Fax, which
> got its fax cover information and fax numbers from the Microsoft Personal
> Address Book (.pab file). How do I get Fax Console to access the fax
> numbers
> and other information from the .pab file?

In case anyone else gets this problem, here's a solution I discovered. I
installed the PIM converters from the Outlook CD-ROM. After I installed the
PIM converters, I was be able to import the Microsoft Personal Address Book
(.pab) file.