Fax Console to use info from MicrosoftPersonal Address Book

Message: I need to import my Personal Address Book (*.pab) file onto a
Windows XP Professional computer. My old computer had Microsoft Fax, which
got its fax cover information and fax numbers from the Microsoft Personal
Address Book (.pab file). How do I get Fax Console to access the fax numbers
and other information from the .pab file?
2 answers Last reply
More about console info microsoftpersonal address book

    PAB's have not been in use for over 6 years. They were replaced by the
    Outlook Contacts Folder and the Outlook Address Book. You can import your
    PAB into Outlook. If you are not using Outlook, you can import a PAB file
    into Outlook Express/Windows Address Book, which Windows XP will use
    whenever Outlook is not installed.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    > Message: I need to import my Personal Address Book (*.pab) file onto a
    > Windows XP Professional computer. My old computer had Microsoft Fax, which
    > got its fax cover information and fax numbers from the Microsoft Personal
    > Address Book (.pab file). How do I get Fax Console to access the fax
    > numbers
    > and other information from the .pab file?

    In case anyone else gets this problem, here's a solution I discovered. I
    installed the PIM converters from the Outlook CD-ROM. After I installed the
    PIM converters, I was be able to import the Microsoft Personal Address Book
    (.pab) file.

    "Sue XPnewUserGq7" wrote:

    > Message: I need to import my Personal Address Book (*.pab) file onto a
    > Windows XP Professional computer. My old computer had Microsoft Fax, which
    > got its fax cover information and fax numbers from the Microsoft Personal
    > Address Book (.pab file). How do I get Fax Console to access the fax numbers
    > and other information from the .pab file?

Fax Consoles Microsoft Computers Windows XP Books