Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My cpu getting to hot playing battlefield 3 or is it normaL?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 7, 2012 6:39:25 AM

Specs :
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz 68 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI H61MU-E35 (MS-7680) (SOCKET 0) 40 °C
Graphics
DELL SE198WFP (1440x900@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series (ATI AIB) 66 °C
Hard Drives
1397GB Seagate ST1500DL003-9VT16L ATA Device (SATA) 42 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS90 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio


On idle i get around 35 ° C also i opened up the case (side) door) Should i keep it open or leave it closed i opened it hence i thought that more air would go in but since there is no change should i place it back or leave it off! Thanks Tom's Communtt!

More about : cpu hot playing battlefield normal

August 7, 2012 6:41:55 AM

jrlop99 said:
Specs :
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz 68 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI H61MU-E35 (MS-7680) (SOCKET 0) 40 °C
Graphics
DELL SE198WFP (1440x900@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series (ATI AIB) 66 °C
Hard Drives
1397GB Seagate ST1500DL003-9VT16L ATA Device (SATA) 42 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS90 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio


On idle i get around 35 ° C also i opened up the case (side) door) Should i keep it open or leave it closed i opened it hence i thought that more air would go in but since there is no change should i place it back or leave it off! Thanks Tom's Communtt!


ALSO im running on ultra
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 10:52:03 PM

The 68C on the i3 is that a load temp? if it is then its fine if its an idle temp that drops to 35C with the side off the case get some more case fans.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 7, 2012 10:58:27 PM

Your running it on ultra with an i3 and a 6700 series card? That's rather impressive.
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 11:32:41 PM

voiidwulf said:
Your running it on ultra with an i3 and a 6700 series card? That's rather impressive.


Exactly what I was thinking :D  I can't imagine that running at more than 20 fps. About the temps, I don't see what you're worried about. That seems more than stable to me. Pretty much you want to stay under 80c.
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 11:38:59 PM

iamcacao said:
Exactly what I was thinking :D  I can't imagine that running at more than 20 fps. About the temps, I don't see what you're worried about. That seems more than stable to me. Pretty much you want to stay under 80c.


Exactly. My system only gets like 40-60 FPS on ultra, and it is quite a bit better than an i3 and 6700.
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 11:56:38 PM

voiidwulf said:
Exactly. My system only gets like 40-60 FPS on ultra, and it is quite a bit better than an i3 and 6700.


Yeah I must say BF3 on ultra can be a hassle. I was running it on one gtx 680 direct cu ii top for a while (before my second one arrived) and I actually found I couldn't play like I expected! At 2560x1600 I only got around 50-60 fps on ultra and when I was recording with fraps (I like to record every game I play :D ) it became pretty much unplayable. Just shows the power needed for BF3! I must say though, I'm soooo happy I have this second card, seriously BF3 at 2560x1600 on ultra with a good sound card and headset is an experience like no other!
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 12:07:37 AM

iamcacao said:
Yeah I must say BF3 on ultra can be a hassle. I was running it on one gtx 680 direct cu ii top for a while (before my second one arrived) and I actually found I couldn't play like I expected! At 2560x1600 I only got around 50-60 fps on ultra and when I was recording with fraps (I like to record every game I play :D ) it became pretty much unplayable. Just shows the power needed for BF3! I must say though, I'm soooo happy I have this second card, seriously BF3 at 2560x1600 on ultra with a good sound card and headset is an experience like no other!


I usually play on ultra without AA and whatnot and the framerate is fine to me.

Nice system by the way, dual 680's :D .
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 12:24:13 AM

voiidwulf said:
I usually play on ultra without AA and whatnot and the framerate is fine to me.

Nice system by the way, dual 680's :D .


Thanks :D  you have no idea how long I've been saying up for this thing, when I finally noticed that I saved up quite a lot actually, I just went balls to the wall and went with the steve jobs "why the hell not" approach. your build is no call of duty machine :p  that thing can tackle any game, ever.
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 12:44:25 AM

yep very nice build im a little jealous but hey i wouldn't like the electric bill after a year of owning that...
if you dont mind me asking. how much was it all in... as an xclan member just bought his system which is near identical but with only 1 680 and it cost him nearly 3k in £'s...
really all i wanna know for is to laugh at him ;p as he has turned into a bit of a tard over the last 6 months.

seriously i hope you payed less than 3k in $'s as that would be like 2k in £'s and will show him how much he has wasted just to get it pre-built. (he should have given me the £100 i asked for and saved the other 900 but he's been an ass).
so please give me the opportunity to laugh at him... please, please please... lol...

m
0
l
August 8, 2012 12:49:32 AM

OP keep the side door closed on your case it helps direct the air around the case and keeps the motherboard cool.
if you want to improve cooling without cost then make sure your cables are tidy and not blocking vents and airflow.
your cpu is a little warm as i think the max temp for that cpu is around 75'c so i would suggest a better cooler for it. the gpu is fine at under 80 as most top out at 100-110'c
u can use msi after burner to start your fan curve earlier if you want which will help bring down the temps if you dont mind an extra bit of fan noise.

also check bios. you may be able to set your cpu fan to a higher speed earlier to help reduce its ambient and max temps...
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 1:09:19 AM

HEXiT said:
yep very nice build im a little jealous but hey i wouldn't like the electric bill after a year of owning that...
if you dont mind me asking. how much was it all in... as an xclan member just bought his system which is near identical but with only 1 680 and it cost him nearly 3k in £'s...
really all i wanna know for is to laugh at him ;p as he has turned into a bit of a tard over the last 6 months.

seriously i hope you payed less than 3k in $'s as that would be like 2k in £'s and will show him how much he has wasted just to get it pre-built. (he should have given me the £100 i asked for and saved the other 900 but he's been an ass).
so please give me the opportunity to laugh at him... please, please please... lol...



well the total cost of the build was around 3400$ but thats counting the fact that I live in Switzerland and things cost a LOT more here than the US or UK and also I have a 1200w power supply, xonar d2x, 256gb ssd and a 2tb hdd. with a lower power psu, no dedicated sound card and maybe something like a 128gb ssd and a smaller hdd plus buying the things like off of newegg you could probably get away with spending not more than like 2600$. basically tell your friend you know a guy who built a much more powerful computer with 2 680s for only 2600$. that shouldnt make him feel too good haha. but once again, I went overboard on some stuff to make it future proof :D 
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 2:21:38 AM

My computers only worth like $1200, lawl. I have a tight budget though, I'm 14.
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 2:36:48 AM

HEXiT said:
yep very nice build im a little jealous but hey i wouldn't like the electric bill after a year of owning that...
if you dont mind me asking. how much was it all in... as an xclan member just bought his system which is near identical but with only 1 680 and it cost him nearly 3k in £'s...
really all i wanna know for is to laugh at him ;p as he has turned into a bit of a tard over the last 6 months.

seriously i hope you payed less than 3k in $'s as that would be like 2k in £'s and will show him how much he has wasted just to get it pre-built. (he should have given me the £100 i asked for and saved the other 900 but he's been an ass).
so please give me the opportunity to laugh at him... please, please please... lol...

I got it around 600$ maybe 300€ I believe no sure the currency over there do excuse me if I'm wrong and also can you guys help me ? I used to play battlefield 3 on ultra then halfway I got traps installed it tested it and closed it and I started getting lag on ultra it brought me down for 50fps to 20 with graphs closed so I turned it down to high which I get 60+fps
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 2:38:32 AM

Actually the specs that I places in their are the specs while I was playing battlefield 3
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 2:43:27 AM

I still find that hard to believe. Battlefield 3 is pretty demanding, a 6700 shouldn't be able to do it. Especially at 60+ FPS.

Are you playing at 1024 x 768 or something?
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 3:33:57 AM

voiidwulf said:
I still find that hard to believe. Battlefield 3 is pretty demanding, a 6700 shouldn't be able to do it. Especially at 60+ FPS.

Are you playing at 1024 x 768 or something?

1400x900 did play it on my 32" fine
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 3:38:57 AM

The funny thing is I didn't even aim to play battlefield 3 lol
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 7:30:24 AM

jrlop99 said:
1400x900 did play it on my 32" fine


Are you serious? 1400x900 on a 32"? Isn't that just like an old tv? :D 
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 10:05:58 AM

no lol i ment 1400x900 on my dell monitor and i played it on my 32 inch tv sorry for the crap spelling i was on my phone earlier.
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 10:14:37 AM

so i had to bring it down to high now because i tried re playing and its playable but with a low framerate i swear it was better when i first played battlefield
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 10:36:24 AM

jrlop99 said:
so i had to bring it down to high now because i tried re playing and its playable but with a low framerate i swear it was better when i first played battlefield


If you actually want to do good in a game the most important thing is framerate, so you have to find a way to get consistent 60fps otherwise you're at a disadvantage in gunfights.
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 3:48:07 PM

If I play on high I never drop below 60. I can't remember the exact settings I use, as I'm on my phone in a store, but it's somewhere between high and ultra. It only drops below 60 if there's like a billion explosions and people everywhere, and even then it only drops to like 50.
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 3:53:46 PM

Yeah I do perfect on high
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 3:56:46 PM

I played with the settings More and I can play bf3 perfect with out anti aliasing perfect
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 5:04:29 PM

proabaly was better when you first played it. but when you switch to multiplayer things get about x2 demanding. way more avatars on screen and none are doing a set program.
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 6:35:40 PM

Ahhh
m
0
l
!