Canon MPC190 and WInXP problem

I have friends running WIN XP Professional SP1 and they have a Canon
MPC190 multifunction centre. This is a USB only printer / scanner but
it has defaulted to LPT1 in the set up.

How on earth do they change this?

Kiwimac

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Print---Fax-Canon-MPC190-WInXP-problem-ftopict240495.html

    Disconnect the Printer from the PC. Download and run the Uninstall software
    from the Canon website.

    Ensure the USB port(s) are working correctly.

    Download and install the updated drivers package from the Canon website.

    Do NOT connect the printer until the software tells you to do so.
    www.coribright.com

    "Cari" wrote:
    > Disconnect the Printer from the PC. Download and run the
    > Uninstall software
    > from the Canon website.
    >
    > Ensure the USB port(s) are working correctly.
    >
    > Download and install the updated drivers package from the
    > Canon website.
    >
    > Do NOT connect the printer until the software tells you to do
    > so.
    > www.coribright.com
    >

    > "kiwimac" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > >I have friends running WIN XP Professional SP1 and they have
    > a Canon
    > > MPC190 multifunction centre. This is a USB only printer /
    > scanner but
    > > it has defaulted to LPT1 in the set up.
    > >
    > > How on earth do they change this?
    > >
    > > Kiwimac
    > >
    > > --
    > > http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
    > standards
    > > Topic URL:
    > > http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Print---Fax-Canon-MPC190-WInXP-problem-ftopict240495.html
    > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
    > abuse:
    > > http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=729429

    Thank you.

    I’ll pass this along to them.