Lexmark Optra S 1855 Print Problem

I went to the knowledge base at Lexmark.com, but could not find an answer.
I have a Dell Latitude that is running Windows XP on it.

We're a small MAC office and this is our only PC computer. We're all
connect to the network with network cables and I'm having the hardest time
getting this PC set up. It's connect with the network cable and I can't add
any of our office printers to it. It doesn't "see" them.

My tech is telling me that I need the IP address of the printer and that's
the only way to add the printer. If that's the case, I don't know how to
get the IP address off the printer. I've printed test pages, nothing. I've
search the manual and still nothing. Been to Lexmark.com and nothing.

Is there another way in XP that I can have it search for the printer? Or is
getting the IP off the printer the only way to go? I can't get the IP
address off the Mac computers since I don't know where to search for it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Bridget

After tossing around different search phrases at Lexmark.com I finally found
what I was looking for.

Here is how to print out the Network Settings Page in order to obtain the IP
address:

http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/knowledgebase.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:170:0:0&fr
amed=&docid=BPD357&relevance=1

How to Print a Network Settings Page ID:BPD357

Printing the network settings page from the printer's operator panel is
accomplished as follows:

1. While the printer is in the Ready state, press the Menu> button until
Network Menu appears on the display.
2. Press the Select button to enter the network menu. Then press the Menu
button until Standard Network or Network Option # appears under Network
Menu.
3. Press the Select button to enter the network submenu. Press the Menu >
button until Network # Setup appears on the display.
4. Press the Select button. Print should appear below Network # Setup.
5. Press the Select button. Then press the Menu> button until Print Setup
Page appears on the display.
6. Press the Select button to print the network settings page.

Note: If the printer is not using a standard network card or has multiple
network adapters installed, the Network # indicates which of the printer's
internal option slots the network adapter is using.