printing to PDF file from DOS apps via LPT1

I have this old DOS program that will only print to LPT ports.
I need to print to PDF file.
I have a adobe acrobat distiller installed and tried following after making
printer share.

net use lpt1: \\computer\acrobat

but when I print, I see that a print job went into acrobat distiller printer
but it won't prompt me for a file name nor convert..
any ideas?
thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about printing file apps lpt1

    David,

    > I have this old DOS program that will only print to LPT ports.
    > I need to print to PDF file.
    > I have a adobe acrobat distiller installed and tried following after
    making
    > printer share.
    >
    > net use lpt1: \\computer\acrobat
    >
    > but when I print, I see that a print job went into acrobat distiller
    printer
    > but it won't prompt me for a file name nor convert..

    you cannot reroute a DOS job to the Acrobat printer because it can be used
    only by a Windows program.
    You may want to have a look at Printfil which can connect your DOS software
    the Windows Printing System, allowing you to print to any Windows printer,
    including the Acrobat one.

    More info and a free trial is available for download at our web site.

    Regards,
    Davide Guolo
    Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
    http://www.guolo.com/printfil
    Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
    http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

DOS LPT1 PDF Windows XP