Update on AC2 add data

gerry

My service profile was recently updated to AC2 and it is consistent with
data billed as voice minutes.

In my service profile

{
Current
calling plan:
America's Choice II Family Shareplan Primary 1000 Anytime $70.00 0205
Monthly charge $70.00
Monthly allowance minutes 1000 general
Additional per minute charge $.40 peak, $.40 off-peak
}

Specifically note the

"Monthly allowance minutes 1000 general"

This is consistent with the response from 611 support that all time (voice
and data) is billed the same. The word "general" is used, not voice or
data. The words "Voice" and "Data" are not even used my the service
profile or contract.

This is also consistent with data intensive devices such as PDA's not
being allowed on AC2 plans. They need a data plan.

gerry

--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com

When you sign up on the Internet (through VerizonWireless.Com), this provision is shown:

Internet Access
Mobile Office Kits, PC Cards, PDAs or other wireless modem devices may not be used for
Internet access without a subscription to select VZAccess plans.

I don't know what the actual contract reads, but the above provision is inconsistent with your conclusion.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:58:04 -0500, gerry wrote:

>My service profile was recently updated to AC2 and it is consistent with
>data billed as voice minutes.
>
>In my service profile
>
>{
> Current
> calling plan:
>America's Choice II Family Shareplan Primary 1000 Anytime $70.00 0205
>Monthly charge $70.00
>Monthly allowance minutes 1000 general
>Additional per minute charge $.40 peak, $.40 off-peak
>}
>
>Specifically note the
>
>"Monthly allowance minutes 1000 general"
>
>This is consistent with the response from 611 support that all time (voice
>and data) is billed the same. The word "general" is used, not voice or
>data. The words "Voice" and "Data" are not even used my the service
>profile or contract.
>
>This is also consistent with data intensive devices such as PDA's not
>being allowed on AC2 plans. They need a data plan.
>
>gerry
>

>--
>
>Personal home page - http://gogood.com
>
>gerry misspelled in my email address to confuse robots

gerry

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:48:43 -0500 (EST), "Philip R. Mann"
<prmlaw@NOSPAMnyc.rr.com> wrote:

>When you sign up on the Internet (through VerizonWireless.Com), this provision is shown:
>
> Internet Access
> Mobile Office Kits, PC Cards, PDAs or other wireless modem devices may not be used for
> Internet access without a subscription to select VZAccess plans.
>
>I don't know what the actual contract reads, but the above provision is inconsistent with your conclusion.

My ACTUAL contract does not contain those words.

It appears the contract authors and web authors don't agree. I'll go with
the contract I signed.

Inconsistent information from Verizon is not unusual :-(

I have made a number of High speed data connections, they have all been
billed as Voice minutes. Thus empirical data suggests 611 support had been
correct, Verizon's web and my retail store incorrect.

The sole area of confusion seems to be Mobile Office Kits. All Verizon
reps I have spoken to have agreed that they can't even be put on an AC2
plan.

gerry

--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com