Motherboard Monitor Error?

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Today as I checked my MBM (Ver 5) I noticed that my processor was running at 1.62 ghz, well over what my normal of 1.47. I have Un-Overclocked my processor since the temps in my room have been high (a computer in the attic on a hot day is not always a good thing). I went to refresh the processor, and after doing so twice, it went back to its normal speed. Just a fluke in the program?

R.I.P. <font color=blue>F</font color=blue>ear <font color=blue>F</font color=blue>actory :frown: 1990-2002 :frown:

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
where are you making these change? stop fooling around with the user freindly monitor and make the changes in the bios.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
I didnt change anything while it was running, I do make all my changes in the bios.

And when this happend, i made no changes to anything. I jmust happend to open the dashboard on MBM and looked at the clock speed. then I right clicked on the MBM icon in my tray and refreshed the CPU. It then went to the correct clock speed.

R.I.P. <font color=blue>F</font color=blue>ear <font color=blue>F</font color=blue>actory :frown: 1990-2002 :frown: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Lonemagi on 03/17/02 11:54 PM.</EM></FONT></P>