Will not install printer driver for photosmart 8450

Jewels

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2004

HELP -

I have just purchased the HP photosmart 8450 and I have XP Prof with sp 2
and I cannot get the printer driver to install, I tried installing with disk
from HP, I called HP (3 hours with support and nothing) XP says it cannot
find the specified files no matter what I do??? Does anyone have an idea????

Thanks

RP

I have the same issue. It looks to be an issue with XP home edition disabling
the driver. Anybody know a work around for this?

Thanks,
RP

"jewels" wrote:

> HELP -
>
> I have just purchased the HP photosmart 8450 and I have XP Prof with sp 2
> and I cannot get the printer driver to install, I tried installing with disk
> from HP, I called HP (3 hours with support and nothing) XP says it cannot
> find the specified files no matter what I do??? Does anyone have an idea????
>
> Thanks

RP

Also I have tried the recommendation from Microsoft to delete all printers
and to clean the spooler. Still the same problem. HELP!

"RP" wrote:

> I have the same issue. It looks to be an issue with XP home edition disabling
> the driver. Anybody know a work around for this?
>
> Thanks,
> RP
>
> "jewels" wrote:
>
> > HELP -
> >
> > I have just purchased the HP photosmart 8450 and I have XP Prof with sp 2
> > and I cannot get the printer driver to install, I tried installing with disk
> > from HP, I called HP (3 hours with support and nothing) XP says it cannot
> > find the specified files no matter what I do??? Does anyone have an idea????
> >
> > Thanks

RP

Jewels,

Have you gotten anywhere with this? I have had several messages with HP on
this issue and nothing seems to work....have you made any progress?

Thanks,