Will not install printer driver for photosmart 8450

HELP -

I have just purchased the HP photosmart 8450 and I have XP Prof with sp 2
and I cannot get the printer driver to install, I tried installing with disk
from HP, I called HP (3 hours with support and nothing) XP says it cannot
find the specified files no matter what I do??? Does anyone have an idea????

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about will install printer driver photosmart 8450

    I have the same issue. It looks to be an issue with XP home edition disabling
    the driver. Anybody know a work around for this?

    Thanks,
    RP

    "jewels" wrote:

    > HELP -
    >
    > I have just purchased the HP photosmart 8450 and I have XP Prof with sp 2
    > and I cannot get the printer driver to install, I tried installing with disk
    > from HP, I called HP (3 hours with support and nothing) XP says it cannot
    > find the specified files no matter what I do??? Does anyone have an idea????
    >
    > Thanks

    Also I have tried the recommendation from Microsoft to delete all printers
    and to clean the spooler. Still the same problem. HELP!

    "RP" wrote:

    > I have the same issue. It looks to be an issue with XP home edition disabling
    > the driver. Anybody know a work around for this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > RP
    >
    > "jewels" wrote:
    >
    > > HELP -
    > >
    > > I have just purchased the HP photosmart 8450 and I have XP Prof with sp 2
    > > and I cannot get the printer driver to install, I tried installing with disk
    > > from HP, I called HP (3 hours with support and nothing) XP says it cannot
    > > find the specified files no matter what I do??? Does anyone have an idea????
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Jewels,

    Have you gotten anywhere with this? I have had several messages with HP on
    this issue and nothing seems to work....have you made any progress?

    Thanks,

    "jewels" wrote:

    > HELP -
    >
    > I have just purchased the HP photosmart 8450 and I have XP Prof with sp 2
    > and I cannot get the printer driver to install, I tried installing with disk
    > from HP, I called HP (3 hours with support and nothing) XP says it cannot
    > find the specified files no matter what I do??? Does anyone have an idea????
    >
    > Thanks

Printer Driver Hewlett Packard Windows XP