Fax and Dialing Rules

I use a dialing rule when sending a long distance fax in order to use my
prepaid phone card. When I click the check mark for dialing rules it is
ignored when using the address book to extract the phone number. When I
manually enter the phone number there is no problem. Has anyone ever seen
this problem

--
Dennis M. Marks

http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/FAQFAX.htm#_Toc88835137

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"denmarks" <denmarks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use a dialing rule when sending a long distance fax in order to use my
> prepaid phone card. When I click the check mark for dialing rules it is
> ignored when using the address book to extract the phone number. When I
> manually enter the phone number there is no problem. Has anyone ever seen
> this problem
>
> --
> Dennis M. Marks

That seems to have worked. If I enter a number manually it can be in the
format 123 456 7890 but in the address book it must be +1 (123) 456-7890. I
had to modify my rules to allow for the extra +1.

I have the 670 minute MCI card from Costco.

MCI first requires a 1 for English, then the pin, and then a 1 for a call
followed by the area code and number. Other numbers are used for other
services. For an international call you still dial the 1 followed by 011 etc.
Now that the 1 is part of the dialed number I removed it from the rules.

For international call it could be a problem. A new rule would have to be
created to dial the extra 1 before the 011.