Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is there a sims3 for the laptop

Last response: in Video Games
August 8, 2012 2:02:07 PM

Hello,
I'm looking to buy the sims3 but I only have laptop's in my house :p  no Pc/Mac sooo I was wondering is there a sims3 for laptop or do I need to just download it??

More about : sims3 laptop

Best solution

a c 248 D Laptop
August 8, 2012 5:31:42 PM

Hi :) 

Sims 3 ..WILL work in a laptop, but ONLY if the laptop meets Sims 3 requirements...

All the best Brett :) 
a b D Laptop
August 8, 2012 5:56:18 PM

Just for future information, laptops are considered PCs too! :) .
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 248 D Laptop
August 8, 2012 7:11:51 PM

Sunius said:
Just for future information, laptops are considered PCs too! :) .

Not in my Computer shops they arent...

We sell both...and they are not the same....

a b D Laptop
August 8, 2012 9:31:52 PM

So laptops aren't personal or they aren't computers? :o 
a c 248 D Laptop
August 8, 2012 9:35:50 PM

Sunius said:
So laptops aren't personal or they aren't computers? :o 

A laptop is a MOBILE computer...if you dont believe me, try working on your PC tower you have carried onto a train lol....

August 8, 2012 11:35:49 PM

Brett PC means, as im sure you know, personal computer..

The word laptop is from lap and top. Sits on your legs..

Laptops are personal computers.
If they were not PCs then when you buy a disk it should write on top corner ''PC/LAPTOP DVD" but htey only say "PC DVD"..

Thats a minor example, but if you see the laptops like not PCs in your shop then im one guy who will never visit your shop
a c 248 D Laptop
August 9, 2012 1:51:42 AM

vasilisvvv said:
Brett PC means, as im sure you know, personal computer..

The word laptop is from lap and top. Sits on your legs..

Laptops are personal computers.
If they were not PCs then when you buy a disk it should write on top corner ''PC/LAPTOP DVD" but htey only say "PC DVD"..

Thats a minor example, but if you see the laptops like not PCs in your shop then im one guy who will never visit your shop

Shops actually (plural) ...so I must be doing something right....like not being pedantic.....

August 9, 2012 2:06:30 AM

Thats the greatest example that no everybody thats own a shop is a computer expert...
Sorry shops..
a c 248 D Laptop
August 9, 2012 2:13:38 AM

vasilisvvv said:
Thats the greatest example that no everybody thats own a shop is a computer expert...
Sorry shops..

Dont forget my Laptop repair company ....

And I started and built them up on my own.....and that was before you were born.... so I might just know a little more about computers than a youngster like you :) ... Or I might not...you decide...

August 9, 2012 2:33:32 AM

So, experience over knowledge?? Thats good.. Like a laptop is not a pc...
August 11, 2012 1:43:55 PM

Laptops are personal computers. But they're not desktops.
Desktops are immobile, yet stronger unit.
Laptops are mobile PC.
As stated before, the word laptop came from 'lap' and 'top'. It's the same as the word desktop, which came from 'desk' and 'top'.
a b D Laptop
August 11, 2012 1:59:49 PM

I think if you are a laptop repair shop owner, you will see why Brett don't call a laptop as a PC (yes, I would agree laptop is a class of PC).

From his perspective and for his purpose, if he advertise that he fixes PC, then there will be loads of people calling up to get his shop to fix their desktop, as well as laptop. He needs to make that distinction for the purpose of his shop. that's why he wrote:

"Not in my Computer shops they arent... "

Try to understand from other people's perspective and the world is a happier place.

BTW, this thread is now off topic and will be close soon.

@PO, if you would like to check whether your laptop meet the system requirement of Sims 3, you can either go to the official site and compare it for yourself, or if you are not familiar with hardware and don't know what to compare, just make another post with the question and there will be plenty of people here to answer your question.
August 11, 2012 1:59:53 PM

The words desktops and laptops describes the use of the PC.
The words Personal Computer describe the genre of the machine!

All desktops and all laptops are pcs
August 11, 2012 2:06:36 PM

Pyree said:
I think if you are a laptop repair shop owner, you will see why Brett don't call a laptop as a PC (yes, I would agree laptop is a class of PC).

From his perspective and for his purpose, if he advertise that he fixes PC, then there will be loads of people calling up to get his shop to fix their desktop, as well as laptop. He needs to make that distinction for the purpose of his shop. that's why he wrote:

"Not in my Computer shops they arent... "

Try to understand from other people's perspective and the world is a happier place.

BTW, this thread is now off topic and will be close soon.

the world is a happier place when all use the right one and not the version they invent to suit them
a b D Laptop
August 11, 2012 2:10:02 PM

PM Brett if you have a problem. The conversation is off topic for this thread.
a b D Laptop
August 11, 2012 2:10:09 PM

This topic has been closed by Pyree
a b D Laptop
August 11, 2012 2:11:04 PM

Best answer selected by Pyree.
!