My Mouse wont click.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Do you mean that the pointer moves on the screen, but that you can't click on/select things?

You may just need to re-install your mouse/touchpad drivers. Go into the Device Manager (in Control Panel). Go to Mice and then right click, select uninstall. Do for both your mouse and your trackpad. When complete, shutdown. Disconnect your mouse and restart. Once the system is fully restarted, reconnect your mouse and let Windows re-install the drivers.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You may just need to re-install your mouse/touchpad drivers. Go into the Device Manager (in Control Panel). Go to Mice and then right click, select uninstall. Do for both your mouse and your trackpad. When complete, shutdown. Disconnect your mouse and restart. Once the system is fully restarted, reconnect your mouse and let Windows re-install the drivers.

You caught me editing my first post....

sploodles

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Well before i do that. I went to the destination you told me and when i get there. There is my mouse with a Yellow Triangle with a ! in it. This also shows my Laptop with the same Symbol.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Did this work?

Since Windows is have trouble initializing your pointing devices (as indicated in your Device Manager), seems to me that something else may be going on. Do you know when this problem started happening? Did you change anything just before these issues popped up?

Also, is Windows fully up to date (Windows Update)? What make and model of laptop/notebook are you using?

sploodles

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
That only solved the problem as going to Task Manager did for a limited time.
Manufacturer:
Hewlett-Packard
Processor:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory:
4096MB RAM
Hard Drive:
232 GB
Video Card:
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Monitor:
Sound Card:
Speakers and Dual Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)

morteh

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
i got the same problem, and [alt][ctrl][del] works for some time.. i got the problem on 2 laptops, 1 acer 1 msi. i think the problem started when i added ssd's to the computers.

culd the ssd'd be the problem?

TRENDING THREADS