print sharing on standby

I have two computers on a home network running XP. When both are active the
printing works fine, but when the computer connected directly to the printer
is put on standby the other computer will not print. Is there a way i can
leave the computer with the printer attached on standby so that when I return
to my session the printing will come through. I had it working this way
previously but one of the computers lost connection so i had to reinstall the
software and i do not know how i got it to print after returning from
standby.

Did you enable "Wake on LAN"?
www.coribright.com