Windows XP files needed for faxing

Hi,

I need to send a fax today and my Windows XP installation cd is at my
parents' house. I know how to add the Windows components using
Add/Remove Programs, but I need the installation cd in order to do it
because it asks for files from the cd. I have been successful in
finding almost all of them. except for these

confdent.cov
fyi.cov
generic.cov
urgent.cov

Does anyone know from where I could download these files? Could you
post a link?

If not, could someone find them on your computer and send them to me at
jmg720@yahoo.com?

I would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks,
Jessica

The installation of the Fax component requires files to
be copied from the Windows XP CD. If you do not have
a Windows XP CD, unfortunately you'll not be able to
install the Fax component .... no download is available.

Third-Party alternative:
http://www.rkssoftware.com/mightyfax/overview.html

Free 30 Day Trial Download:
http://www.rkssoftware.com/mightyfax/download.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Jessica" wrote:

| Hi,
|
| I need to send a fax today and my Windows XP installation cd is at my
| parents' house. I know how to add the Windows components using
| Add/Remove Programs, but I need the installation cd in order to do it
| because it asks for files from the cd. I have been successful in
| finding almost all of them. except for these
|
| confdent.cov
| fyi.cov
| generic.cov
| urgent.cov
|
| Does anyone know from where I could download these files? Could you
| post a link?
|
| I would really appreciate it!!!
|
| Thanks,
| Jessica

FWIW, these files are cover page files and probably wouldn't be required to
send a basic Fax. Many of the Fax component files need to be registered
during installation and this may prove to be a challenge without the Windows
XP installation CD.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com