Sign in with
Your question

Awesome PC gaming Chair

Last response: in Video Games
August 8, 2012 6:51:52 PM

Well like many people who are heavy PC gamers, I find myself always looking for a perfect chair / desk combination so that long hours gaming are as enjoyable as possible.

I've always stayed in the $150 to $250 office "executive" style office chairs, but they've always seemed lacking imo. Especially when compared to a nice plush recliner.

I'm trying to either find a pre-made chair, or mod a chair, to have the feel of a lazy-boy recliner but still work well with a PC desk.

I have an awesome desk, L shaped glass desk that I really like, Lots of room for PC, Monitor (or multi monitor setups), keyboard, mouse and side-part for food and drinks and such.

Here is a picture of my current set up.

I'm looking for a recliner type chair, gaming chair, or some sort of mod that would allow me to use a softer, more relaxing chair in front of my PC desk.

If anyone has a good recommendation or links that would help me in my search, i'd really appreciate it. My current idea is to get a recliner type chair and attach caster-wheels on to the bottom of it.

Any ideas or links to products that you like would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

More about : awesome gaming chair

August 8, 2012 7:59:37 PM

It looks comfy because it naturally leans back, taking a lot of pressure off. I found that my office chair set ups became 10x more comfortable as soon as I learned to put a foot rest under it and lean back.

But I'm looking for a nice recliner mod or super special PC gaming chair.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas or owns something super nice? :p 

(Not picking on your ikea chair man, just looking for something... More) :) 
m
l
Related resources
August 9, 2012 2:34:55 PM

I am sure everyone has seen this already.

But if I had the money, this is what I would get. :) 

Awesome
m
l
August 9, 2012 4:28:08 PM

I replaced the seats in my Jaguar XJ6 like 10 years ago and when I did I built a wood base for the old one and used that as a gaming chair, it was pretty sweet but was old to begin with and the leather eventually dried up and cracked and I threw it out. Been thinking of going to an import junkyard and trying to find a really nice leather bucket seat from to do the same thing with, only this time wiring a 12v power supply in so they would still be fully adjustable.
m
l
August 9, 2012 5:23:44 PM

@SardonicJester I would consider that if I had a bit more money. But It doesn't look extremely comfortable, just really cool.

Benski - Any pictures you can show me with what you're talking about? A sort of modded car seat? Sounds interesting. But I need to see it in a pic to see if it fits what I'm looking for.
m
l
!