Installing LexMark X83 Printer-Cannot Load

December 31, 2004 6:19:08 PM

Please HELP!
I have XP Professional-System crashed, had Computer Guy reinstall XP and I
cannot now load from LexMark CD or "Add a Printer" function...Lexmark has a
Driver for XP, which I downloaded...NO CAN DO! I never had this problem
before - ANY ADVICE?

This BELOW comment was on another post (It is the "error" I keep coming up
with
(C:/windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86/3/lxasunst.exe):

Go to the folder
....windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86
There should be a sub-folder .w32x86\3. DO NOT MESS WITH THIS FOLDER. If you
have a w32x86\2, leave it alone as well.
When the driver installs, it installs a backup of the driver files in a
sub-folder of .\w32x86.
Look in the other folders to see if there is a .gpd file with hp in the
name. If there is, you can delete this folder. If you have multiple drivers
installed, this could be tricky. You will have to determine which sub-folder
contains the HP driver you are concerned about.
Once you have removed the folder, you should be able to install the system
driver again.
My sytem states it cannot load a "16 Bit Subsystem Folder? (something to
that affect.) ANY ADVICE?
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 3:12:25 PM

Disconnect the printer. Follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions on completely
cleaning all printer drivers.

Then reboot the PC.

Install the Lexmark software and do NOT reconnect the printer to the PC
until the software tells you to do so.
www.coribright.com

!