  • Wireless
  • Dell
  • Windows XP
January 1, 2005 12:53:02 AM

What are my options with wireless printing, here is my configuration:

DELL Desktop 2.4GHz running XP Home
Dell Notebook running XP Professional

Cable Modem and one wireless router
Printer: Dell Color Inkjet J740 using USB connector.

I heard that there is a USB to NIC adapter that will make the printer
connect to LAN
similar to a networked Laser printer. Is there a better solution?

More about : wireless printing

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 1, 2005 3:10:41 PM

To what is the Dell printer connected at present? Yes, I know you say a USB
port, but what is the USB port attached to..... a print server, to one of
the two PCs?
www.coribright.com

"Harry" <Harry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What are my options with wireless printing, here is my configuration:
>
> DELL Desktop 2.4GHz running XP Home
> Dell Notebook running XP Professional
>
> Cable Modem and one wireless router
> Printer: Dell Color Inkjet J740 using USB connector.
>
> I heard that there is a USB to NIC adapter that will make the printer
> connect to LAN
> similar to a networked Laser printer. Is there a better solution?

January 2, 2005 12:35:03 PM

Connected to the Dell Notebook via a USB Hub device.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> To what is the Dell printer connected at present? Yes, I know you say a USB
> port, but what is the USB port attached to..... a print server, to one of
> the two PCs?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Harry" <Harry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What are my options with wireless printing, here is my configuration:
> >
> > DELL Desktop 2.4GHz running XP Home
> > Dell Notebook running XP Professional
> >
> > Cable Modem and one wireless router
> > Printer: Dell Color Inkjet J740 using USB connector.
> >
> > I heard that there is a USB to NIC adapter that will make the printer
> > connect to LAN
> > similar to a networked Laser printer. Is there a better solution?

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 3, 2005 10:18:05 PM

See: