deus ex & xp

jmycal

Distinguished
May 20, 2001
how do i get deus ex to "run" in windows xp. eidos says they aren't responsible for making a patch and blame ms. any help would be appreciated

<font color=purple><b><i>The Principle's of the Lust are easy to understand. Do what feel, feel until the end</b></i></font color=purple>

jmycal

Distinguished
May 20, 2001
it crashes, gameplay is sporatic, choppy and slow. it is not very fluid.

<font color=purple><b><i>The Principle's of the Lust are easy to understand. Do what feel, feel until the end</b></i></font color=purple>

I've been running it in XP with no issues... make sure drivers, etc are up to date.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
if not with the drivers, it could be hard ware issues.
VIdeo Card, HDD, PSU, RAM, BIOS etc..

-J<font color=red>//\</font color=red>ECOR™ -
-J<font color=purple>//\</font color=purple>ECOR™ -

Caimbeul

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003
make sure the game is up to date too. I have the budget release "Game of the Year Edition", runs fantasticly.

<i>Mmmm Dawn AND Eve at the same time...Drroooooll
-------------------------------------------------
<b>XP2800 Barton, 2x512Mb PC2700, ASUS A7N8X, PNY 64Mb Ti4200. :cool:

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
is deus ex 2 out?
maybe the original deus ex is incompatible with xp.

Caimbeul

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003
nope...deus ex2 isnt out otherwise i would be absent from the forum for a number of weeks :wink:

<i>Mmmm Dawn AND Eve at the same time...Drroooooll
-------------------------------------------------
<b>XP2800 Barton, 2x512Mb PC2700, ASUS A7N8X, PNY 64Mb Ti4200. :cool:

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
DEUS EXXXXXXXXXX MAniiaaaac.
Some says it is better than half-life's gameplay.

goblinking

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003
Deus Ex is one of my all-time favourites. I can't play it any more, since I played it totally to death. Fifth time I played I went through the entire game without using a weapon (except for five LAMs on the "skuttle the ship" mission"), and now I just can't bring myself to play it. I know exactly where everything is, how many enemies there are... it's just not challenging any more!

Works fine on XP, incidentally. Upgrade your drivers and patch your game, if you've already done that you might to try switching between DirectX and OpenGL. Sometimes one can be glitchy when the other is fine.

goblinking

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003
What's the big deal with halflife?

I mean, I know it's a great game, and of course it was revolutionary when it came out. But for gameplay, it's completely linear... can't possible compete with Deus Ex...