should i get cable inet?

musak99

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002
i have a pent133/64mb/2gig HD. i want to get cable
internet. will my cable modem connection suck b/c of my bad computer? i understand that the graphics of websites will be slow like the way it is currentley on my 56k but will the download speed off programs like kazaa or mirc (which run perfectly fine on mu 56k) be slow b/c of my crap computer?

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
by all means get the cable isp the graphics will still be incredibly fast on your machine as they are all 2d and are rendered very fast your processor is fine also .. now I'm not saying you don't need a faster \ better system but it won't have a significant impact on your speed increase you will see with cable .. Go For It !!!! you will not regret it

<font color=red><b> It may be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others</font color=red></b>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
your computer will slow things down at a point, but that point is still 50 times faster than dial up.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

Jarablue

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Having cable internet is like having a crack pipe filled magically with crack every time you need to take a hit. I would never give up my cable.

In the immortal word's of Bob Marley, "Let's get together and feel alllright..."

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
as soon as you get a fast connectoin, you will <b>NEED</b> a large hard drive ;)

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

sbolinger2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
56k wastes too much of you life waiting. With cable you can be in and done in no time. Just the way it should be. (I like the crack analogy) :p

dhlucke

Polypheme
Your 2 gig hard drive will blow up if you get cable. Buy a hard drive first.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">Forum Assassin</A></font color=red>