EQ2 - Froglok Quest

Does anyone have any info on this quest yet? Where does it start in
Qeynos? How far have you gotten on it thus far?

Submitted by: Vidden
This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

Vidden wrote:
> Does anyone have any info on this quest yet? Where does it start in
> Qeynos? How far have you gotten on it thus far?

> Submitted by: Vidden
> This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

I think everyone's sitting on what they know, alas. :p

On Fri, 27 May 2005 03:35:26 GMT, Shadow <na@na.na> wrote:

>Vidden wrote:
>> Does anyone have any info on this quest yet? Where does it start in
>> Qeynos? How far have you gotten on it thus far?

>> Submitted by: Vidden
>> This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum
>>
>I think everyone's sitting on what they know, alas. :p

Hmm... It is definitely live, though. Looked over on the Lady's side
and there was a froggie on newbie isle.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814

Dark Tyger wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2005 03:35:26 GMT, Shadow <na@na.na> wrote:
>

>>Vidden wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone have any info on this quest yet? Where does it start in
>>>Qeynos? How far have you gotten on it thus far?
>>>
>>>__________________________________________________________
>>>Submitted by: Vidden
>>>This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum
>>>

>>I think everyone's sitting on what they know, alas. :p
>

> Hmm... It is definitely live, though. Looked over on the Lady's side
> and there was a froggie on newbie isle.

I just passed a level 10 froggie cleric. The race is on.

Vidden wrote:
> Does anyone have any info on this quest yet? Where does it start in
> Qeynos? How far have you gotten on it thus far?

> Submitted by: Vidden
> This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

The Quest starts in castleview hamlet near the fountain at the top of
the bell stairs. You are then sent to find another frog on the south
beach of antonica alas he's not there and you run all over archers woods
looking for him. You finally find him at the pond and have to lead him
to a guard tower where he promptly dies. You then have to return to
castleview to tell the frog there about it. He tells you to come back
later he has to meditate on it. Thats as far as I have got although I
have heard you have to clear out an assassins den and follow the dead
frogs spirit around ant.

i started it last nite, got a few steps in. i was so sleepy and grouchy
though, and the quest was SO VERY non-intuiative, i got pissed off and
logged.
you speak to a froggie in castleview, he sends you across antonica to find
his fellow froglock.
nowhere in the quest does it say search for clues, is says find the frog.
ok, i spent my last 6 or so months in EQ1 learining to play without the
mouse....but in this quest you need to mouseover different items in the zone
to get your quest updates.....not knowing this i kept tracking to the NPC
who wouldnt speak to me.....

lee

"Vidden" <Vidden.1pnl6y@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone have any info on this quest yet? Where does it start in
> Qeynos? How far have you gotten on it thus far?

> Submitted by: Vidden
> This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

Here is a walkthrough.

Hail Frup Groaak in Castleview Hamlet. He gives you the quest "The
Missing."
- Track down Giidib. He and Frup separated on the southern beaches of
Antonica.
Go to the southern beach in Antonica.
-Continue to track down Giidib
Follow the waypoint to a log, examine it.
Follow the waypoint to a rock, examine it.
Follow the waypoint to a tree stump, examine it.
Follow the waypoint to a tree, examine it. (You must look up at the
tree.)
Follow the waypoint to a rock in the pond, examine it.
- Lead Giidib back to the nearest guard tower.
Giidib of the First Circle will spawn. Hail him, right-click him, and
select "Lead to guard tower."
Giidib will now autofollow you to the Southern Qeynos Guard Tower,
where he dies.
- Speak with Frup in Castleview Hamlet
Hail Frup Groaak in Castleview Hamlet.

Frup tells you "I must mediate on the news you have brought me. Return
to me later."

You must wait approximately 1 hour to hail Frup again.

"Avenging Spirit"

Hail Frup Groaak in Castleview Hamlet. Frup gives you a new quest,
"Avenging Spirit." You receive "Shard of Marr" (activateable slot,
effect summon spirit of Giidib)
- Seek out the assassin in Antonica and avenge Giidib.
Go to Antonica, and use the Shard of Marr to summon "Spirit of Giidib."

Right-click the spirit of Giidib and choose to have him lead you to the
assassin (he walks veeeerrryyy slowly while doing so).

From Shosuro...
The assassin (level 28 mob) is in the Tower Of Vhalan
Kill him and return to Frup in Castleview
Hail Frup again, he should give you the third quest. If he doesn't,
hail him again immediately. (no hour wait)

"When The Darkness Comes"

From Shosuro...

Return to Antonica and follow your Spirit to the Assassins Lair.
(forest in NE corner of map).
Zone into the lair and fight through the assassins (groups and singles,
level 30 mobs)

From Nekofrog...

Kill through the instanced zone, then go hail Frup again to get a
Froglok Pondstone.

Take the Froglok Pondstone to Crater Pond in Antonica. Use the
Pondstone while in or near the pond. (If you're having trouble getting
the update, walk from the Antoica Docks straight to Crater Pond. As
soon as the popup text for the location update comes on, stop moving,
and use the stone.)

You are taken to the Froglok Village. You must finish a series of
quests to gain their trust.

Stick: in the middle of the zone there will be a ramp that lets you go
up onto the wall. Go up and look in the tree a but further down, the
stick will be there.

Channeling Gem: the miner constantly drops it and picks it up. Go to
him and wait for him to drop it, grab it, and go wash it off in the
barrel (the one next to the frog that gives you a firefly quest)

Fireflies: he will give you a net that you equip, then USE whenever you
get the message "you sense fireflies nearby". Three times.

Dolly: The little froggygirl's dolly is right behind her, behind the
tree. I also found one by where you get the stick, but it wasn't used
for anything.

Cat Eating Totems: This is a really easy riddle to solve. Essentially,
start deducing from what he tells you. He says two trolls are the least
and the most cats. He says one troll ate MORE than one of those trolls,
so you know which one ate the most and the less. From those two, you
can easily work your way through the rest.

Flowers: Flowers can be gathered easily, they stick out of the ground
and are quite the eyesores. I noticed them before I knew about the
quest.

Submitted by: Vidden
This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

"Vidden" <Vidden.1pnl6y@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone have any info on this quest yet? Where does it start in
> Qeynos? How far have you gotten on it thus far?

The quest is indeed live, and starts in Castleview for goodies. There are
actually several sub-quests involved, ranging in level from 26 to 30. As a
26 monk, I soloed the whole thing, with the exception of one part involving
some level 29-31 solo mobs (for which I had to bring along a cleric).
All in all, it took about 2 hours, not counting a programmed hour wait, and
I netted about 20% exp from it as well... not bad, IMHO.

Shadow <na@na.na> wrote in news:2Awle.2324$BR4.1662@news-
server.bigpond.net.au:

> Vidden wrote:
>> Does anyone have any info on this quest yet? Where does it start in
>> Qeynos? How far have you gotten on it thus far?
>>
> I think everyone's sitting on what they know, alas. :p

Saw some discussion of it last night in OOC. As I understand it, the quest
starts in Castleview Hamlet, from a Froglok, just look for the crowd of
people :b

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired

"Vidden" <Vidden.1pp4aa@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com> wrote in message

> [...]
> get the message "you sense fireflies nearby". Three times.
>
> Dolly: The little froggygirl's dolly is right behind her, behind the
> tree. I also found one by where you get the stick, but it wasn't used
> for anything.
>
> Cat Eating Totems: This is a really easy riddle to solve. Essentially,
> start deducing from what he tells you. He says two trolls are the least
> and the most cats. He says one troll ate MORE than one of those trolls,
> so you know which one ate the most and the less. From those two, you
> can easily work your way through the rest.
>
> Flowers: Flowers can be gathered easily, they stick out of the ground
> and are quite the eyesores. I noticed them before I knew about the
> quest.

> Submitted by: Vidden
> This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

thanks for the writeup! ive made it to the assassins lair portion, just
waiting until i can get some friends together to stomp it out.

lee

"Lee Watkins" <spamisforsandwiches-lwatkins@falcon.tamucc.edu> wrote in

> "Vidden" <Vidden.1pp4aa@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com> wrote in message
>> Dolly: The little froggygirl's dolly is right behind her, behind the
>> tree. I also found one by where you get the stick, but it wasn't used
>> for anything.
>>
> thanks for the writeup! ive made it to the assassins lair portion, just
> waiting until i can get some friends together to stomp it out.

Just be aware that the dolly can be almost anywhere in the zone, not just
where this writeup specifies.

Other than that, this writeup was quite helpful, although the stick was
also a pain in the butt to find.