Print spool not work with HP all in one and XP

a b α HP
January 2, 2005 5:15:01 PM

My HP All in One (psc 2175) will not print when using the print spool. The
job will go to the spooler and never print. This was working fine just 6
days ago. The only way I can print is directly to the printer. I've stopped
and started the spooler, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the
printer, and I finally went to a restore point when it was working, but
nothing fixes the problem. I do not get an error of any kind. Just not
response from the printer. Also,the only way to clear the spool once I send
a print job is to either turn off the PC or stop the spooler and physically
delete the files from c:\windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS. Any help would be
appreciated.

More about : print spool work

Anonymous
a b α HP
January 2, 2005 6:03:01 PM

I will be interested in someone answering your question, as I also have the
exact same problem... I have to clear out the print queue by deleting all
jobs. Seems a shame you can not use the spooler with the HP product. Does
HP support have a fix?

"epomerville" wrote:

> My HP All in One (psc 2175) will not print when using the print spool. The
> job will go to the spooler and never print. This was working fine just 6
> days ago. The only way I can print is directly to the printer. I've stopped
> and started the spooler, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the
> printer, and I finally went to a restore point when it was working, but
> nothing fixes the problem. I do not get an error of any kind. Just not
> response from the printer. Also,the only way to clear the spool once I send
> a print job is to either turn off the PC or stop the spooler and physically
> delete the files from c:\windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS. Any help would be
> appreciated.
Anonymous
a b α HP
January 2, 2005 7:09:01 PM

HP doesn't seem to know what is going on. I spent 4.5 hours on the phone
with them, and they sent me in a circle starting with printer support, then
desktop, then printer support again. All three had me try the exact same
steps. I am hoping someone else might have a suggestion. The spooler used
to worked, and then stopped. Is that what you experienced?

!