Will not print black text

I have a canon BJC-2000 and it will not print black text, color will print.
Changed ink cart. and still no black. Went out and bought new Lexmark Z515
and it will not print black text will print color. I assume the problem is in
windows XP and yes I have the service pack 2 update. Please help, Thanks...
--
ronshrine
4 answers Last reply

    What application or applications are you using to print? (Notepad, Word,
    Photoshop,...?)

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "ronshrine" <ronshrine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    :I have a canon BJC-2000 and it will not print black text, color will
    print.
    : Changed ink cart. and still no black. Went out and bought new Lexmark
    Z515
    : and it will not print black text will print color. I assume the
    problem is in
    : windows XP and yes I have the service pack 2 update. Please help,
    Thanks...
    : --
    : ronshrine

    ronshrine wrote:
    > I have a canon BJC-2000 and it will not print black text, color will
    > print. Changed ink cart. and still no black. Went out and bought new
    > Lexmark Z515 and it will not print black text will print color. I
    > assume the problem is in windows XP and yes I have the service pack 2
    > update. Please help, Thanks...

    Let's see you have a problem with a semi-decent printer and you go out and
    replace it with one of the worst. You're beyond any assistance anyone here
    can give you!
    on salads.

    Thanks for being conciderate: I used notepad, word and from microsoft
    explorer and they all leave out the black text.

    "Thomas Ferguson" wrote:

    > What application or applications are you using to print? (Notepad, Word,
    > Photoshop,...?)
    >
    > Tom
    > MSMVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    >

    > "ronshrine" <ronshrine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > :I have a canon BJC-2000 and it will not print black text, color will
    > print.
    > : Changed ink cart. and still no black. Went out and bought new Lexmark
    > Z515
    > : and it will not print black text will print color. I assume the
    > problem is in
    > : windows XP and yes I have the service pack 2 update. Please help,
    > Thanks...
    > : --
    > : ronshrine

    Thank you for the information.

    You probably know that the usual cause of such a problem is a printer
    defect-a 'clog' in the black ink feed system, for example. Since the
    problem also happens with a new, second printer, that cause would seem
    to be less likely. However, for greater certainty, is it possible for
    you to connect the Canon printer to different computer and test it?
    Also, did you try running the printer's "self test". See the printer
    manual for details.

    For diagnostic purposes: Install the Generic/text only printer driver,
    select it as the default printer and print something from Notepad.

    : Thanks for being conciderate: I used notepad, word and from microsoft
    : explorer and they all leave out the black text.
    :
    : "Thomas Ferguson" wrote:
    :
    : > What application or applications are you using to print? (Notepad,
    Word,
    : > Photoshop,...?)
    : >
    : > Tom
    : > MSMVP
    : > Windows Shell/User
    : >
    : >
    : >
    : > "ronshrine" <ronshrine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : > news:35E0FFD8-3CC0-4CB8-B3AA-8E628366C9A0@microsoft.com...
    : > :I have a canon BJC-2000 and it will not print black text, color
    will
    : > print.
    : > : Changed ink cart. and still no black. Went out and bought new
    Lexmark
    : > Z515
    : > : and it will not print black text will print color. I assume the
    : > problem is in
    : > : windows XP and yes I have the service pack 2 update. Please help,
    : > Thanks...
    : > : --
    : > : ronshrine
    : >