Mage damage shields

I remember reading in an EQ strat guide (I believe it was the Kunark volume
from...Prima?) that magicians had the best damage shields in the game. In
perusing some other forums, I noticed a listing of the mage and druid
damage shields, and it appeared that these days the druid's are better. Is
this true, or was the information I saw incomplete?

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in

> I remember reading in an EQ strat guide (I believe it was the Kunark
> volume from...Prima?) that magicians had the best damage shields in
> the game. In perusing some other forums, I noticed a listing of the
> mage and druid damage shields, and it appeared that these days the
> druid's are better. Is this true, or was the information I saw
> incomplete?

Up to level 60, Druids get Shield of Blades, 32 DS, and the ancient spell,
Ancient: Legacy of Blades, 36 pt DS. (Mind you, the number of people with
the ancient version is rather low.

Mages get Aegis of Ro, 33 pt DS.

So, while Druids did have a better DS available in theory, in practice,
mages had the best DS.

With OOW, Druids get a 55 pt DS, Circle of Nettle (group) or Nettle Shield
(single).

Mages get Circle of Fireskin, a 62 pt DS. They also get an AA for a huge
very short duration DS (3 ticks at 400ish as I recall).
--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired