VERY URGENT printing dos on xp

How can i print from dos mode on xp? I wrote dir>lpt1 command window but
nothing from printer.Ä° install correctly printer driver. Printer works on
windows xp but it doesn't work from command prompt

More info is here:

http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm.
Printing from DOS with Windows 2000 or XP

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"sukru" <sukru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can i print from dos mode on xp? I wrote dir>lpt1 command window but
> nothing from printer.I install correctly printer driver. Printer works on
> windows xp but it doesn't work from command prompt

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

An example of a solution using the network side to solve a dos to usb
printer problem.
The printer must have a network queue, obviously!

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>net use lpt1: \\ath4x\R300
/persistent:yes
The command completed successfully.
"sukru" <sukru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can i print from dos mode on xp? I wrote dir>lpt1 command window but
> nothing from printer.I install correctly printer driver. Printer works on
> windows xp but it doesn't work from command prompt

Dear Mr. Sukru,

> How can i print from dos mode on xp? I wrote dir>lpt1 command window but
> nothing from printer.I install correctly printer driver. Printer works on
> windows xp but it doesn't work from command prompt

you may want to have a look at Printfil, which allows characters based
applications (DOS too) to print to any Windows printer (including USB,
virtual, GDI, PDF, FAX etc.), with many extras like print preview, BMP
background merging, font selection, color etc.

More info and a free trial is available for download at our web site.

Kind regards,
Davide Guolo
Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
http://www.guolo.com/printfil
Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all