epson lq570+

printer is very slow. takes 2 minutes to do 2 page report. Saw advice to
change parrell port bios to at or something else but not ecp or epp. Mine
are on lpt1. any new ideas?
--
cyndi
4 answers Last reply

    Besides ECP and/or EPP, the other option should be just plain
    Bi-Directional.
    www.coribright.com

    "cyndi" <cyndi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > printer is very slow. takes 2 minutes to do 2 page report. Saw advice to
    > change parrell port bios to at or something else but not ecp or epp. Mine
    > are on lpt1. any new ideas?
    > --
    > cyndi

    Thank you. when i went to port options i only had lpt1 or com1
    cyndi

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Besides ECP and/or EPP, the other option should be just plain
    > Bi-Directional.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "cyndi" <cyndi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > printer is very slow. takes 2 minutes to do 2 page report. Saw advice to
    > > change parrell port bios to at or something else but not ecp or epp. Mine
    > > are on lpt1. any new ideas?
    > > --
    > > cyndi

    The ECP/EPP/SPP or Bi-directional refers to the BIOS settings. Windows
    generally reads this, then sets itself to the appropriate mode. A dot
    matrix printer can be painfully slow, unless it's built in fonts (if it has
    any) are used.
    Most dot matrix printers (Usually older models) are happy with SPP or
    hopefully ECP.
    Bi directional can be a variation on SPP, or in addition to it.
    This whole thing gets deeper than I want to go, except to say that things
    have actually gotten simpler.

    > Thank you. when i went to port options i only had lpt1 or com1
    > cyndi
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Besides ECP and/or EPP, the other option should be just plain
    >> Bi-Directional.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
    >> www.coribright.com
    >>
    >> "cyndi" <cyndi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > printer is very slow. takes 2 minutes to do 2 page report. Saw advice
    >> > change parrell port bios to at or something else but not ecp or epp.
    >> > Mine
    >> > are on lpt1. any new ideas?
    >> > --
    >> > cyndi

    IMHO port settings mean nothing with this printer, I've tried them all.
    First and foremost, make sure you aren't printing at 360 X 360 DPI. At that
    setting print quality is very good and print speed very low. Change the
    setting to 360 X 180 or, if you can stand it, 180 X 180. I think each step
    down in quality increases printing speed exponentially.

    Now, if your report could print in pure text mode, when the printer's
    internal fonts are used, you'd beat any printer for text!

    "cyndi" <cyndi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > printer is very slow. takes 2 minutes to do 2 page report. Saw advice to
    > change parrell port bios to at or something else but not ecp or epp. Mine
    > are on lpt1. any new ideas?

Epson Windows XP