Ping...freakin' everybody

What the heck is everyone up to? Personally, I've been spending all my EQ
time working on low-level alts lately - mage, cleric, rogue, warrior - all
classes I've only touched on in the past. On Stromm, there is still a
fairly thriving community at those levels. It's rekindled the passion a bit
for me.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

<Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote:
> What the heck is everyone up to? Personally, I've been spending all my EQ
> time working on low-level alts lately - mage, cleric, rogue, warrior - all
> classes I've only touched on in the past. On Stromm, there is still a
> fairly thriving community at those levels. It's rekindled the passion a bit
> for me.

A response from a slightly different viewpoint than the norm.

After running guilds for 6 years, I packed it in as there were just too many
guilds competing for a smaller number of potential applicants, and the
number of potential applicants willing to commit to a 70% attendance ratio
was shrinking even faster. I was the last of the "old school" leaders that
I'm aware of, and my style of leading may truly belong to days gone by. I'm
somewhat proud of the influence I had in that time, though, as I believe
every raiding guild (from the Rodcet Nife side of the now merged server) has
some portion of their leadership and a fair portion of members who were
previously under my command. I can confidently say that I led more people
into battle over the years than currently make residence on the after-merge
server.

I applied to a guild for the first time ever. Figured I should experience
the other side of the game at least once. It's freakin hard to take a
backseat when you've been the driver for so long. The urge to take command
when things aren't "moving" is almost overpowering.

I get asked almost daily to start a new guild, which is flattering and a
*completely* unnecessary ego boost as anyone who has ever conversed with me
is aware. =) If I could harvest the remaining "hardcore" players from all
the raiding guilds to form it, I probably would. As that is about as likely
as me getting a date with Kirsten Dunst (I've become a dirty old man... I
was already married when she was in the vampire movie), I'll give the whole
"member" thing a solid go and see where it leads.

If I want to play low levels, I load up Guild Wars. =)

"Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> What the heck is everyone up to? Personally, I've been spending all my EQ
> time working on low-level alts lately - mage, cleric, rogue, warrior - all
> classes I've only touched on in the past. On Stromm, there is still a
> fairly thriving community at those levels. It's rekindled the passion a
> bit
> for me.

I restarted from scratch, untwinked and poor on a new server (FV).

The need to hunt for equipment upgrades and to afford spells is a thrill
instead of just dropping some money in a new twink.

/NZ

On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:54:01 GMT, Rumbledor
<Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote:

>What the heck is everyone up to? Personally, I've been spending all my EQ
>time working on low-level alts lately - mage, cleric, rogue, warrior - all
>classes I've only touched on in the past. On Stromm, there is still a
>fairly thriving community at those levels. It's rekindled the passion a bit
>fo

Had some luck with finding Ldon groups the last weeks,or lets say with
building them myself.There are still some interesting items to have
for some classes,especially the Pet aug from North Ro,the FT augs,or
the Bloodys Ancille Pouch (sp?) for summoning arrows.
Still by far the best expansion for me,I am anxious to see if SoE
manages it to kill Ldon finally with the next expansion. :p
Maybe if they keep up with the nice itemization like this festive
doll, the +5 on all stats aug from a 45 mob in DS,conveniently 2 steps
away from PoK,or the 20m/20hp aug from the Qeynos mission. *sigh*

Mheldur 65 Cleric

On 2005-05-27, N. Ziember <nemigaziember@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> What the heck is everyone up to? Personally, I've been spending all my EQ
>> time working on low-level alts lately - mage, cleric, rogue, warrior - all
>> classes I've only touched on in the past. On Stromm, there is still a
>> fairly thriving community at those levels. It's rekindled the passion a
>> bit
>> for me.

I servermoved to Venril Sathir, and found, really, that the game
wasnt any different and I merely knew fewer people. So I quit altogether
and took up EQ2 part time with my girlfriend, where I have gone from
being a proud high end raider full of loot and goodies to a rather more
entertained level 24 druid with very little other than a propensity for
getting into trouble. Eats less of my life too ;)

Still. I miss EQ1 occasionally, and ponder about bring Suiddaru back
on VS or Suineko on what is now Prexus. Ho hum ;)

"Rumbledor" wrote:
> What the heck is everyone up to? Personally, I've been spending all my EQ
> time working on low-level alts lately - mage, cleric, rogue, warrior - all
> classes I've only touched on in the past. On Stromm, there is still a
> fairly thriving community at those levels. It's rekindled the passion a
bit
> for me.
>
> --
> Rumble
> "Write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."
> -- Benjamin Franklin

Spending a lot of time at Dawnshroud Peaks. Kentigern has levelled up two
or three times while playing there. And it's fairly easy to group as well.

I have a few low(er) level alts that I'm playing on occasion. I keep
deleting and starting new ones, trying to get a feel for the different
combos.

Stumbled onto the Test server yesterday and had lots of fun.

~Deborah~

Bristlebane Server:
Kentigern Fyrebear - Level 32 Barbarian/Shaman
Vaerity - Level 21 Gnome/Paladin
Nieriel - Level 11 High Elf/Cleric
Tansy - Level 7 Halfling/Warrior

Me> steps away from PoK,or the 20m/20hp aug from theQeynos
Me> mission. *sigh* Mheldur 65 Cleric -!- Internet Rex 2.29 *

What quest is this in Qeynos? Searched around for it but can't find any
information on it.

"bl00d" <bl00d@bbs.razorsdomain.com> writes:
> Me> steps away from PoK,or the 20m/20hp aug from theQeynos
> Me> mission. *sigh* Mheldur 65 Cleric -!- Internet Rex 2.29 *
>
> What quest is this in Qeynos? Searched around for it but can't find any
> information on it.

Might be referring to the Guard Freklin mission. Look up that mob
in allakhazam for info. I'm in the middle of it at this moment. :)

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 55 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 51 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 18 on E. Marr