Remotely Support

Last response: in Networking
April 19, 2004 4:31:05 AM

Is this possible to support multi-users behind the firewall from the
outside? For example, I would like to provide help desk support for my
users remotely from home and the users are behind the firewall. I am using
VPN. Also I would like to use pcAnywhere for the support. Please help.

More about : remotely support

Anonymous
April 19, 2004 4:31:06 AM

In article <Xns94CFC6A5C7D64sec4admyahoocom@216.148.227.77>,
sec4adm@yahoo.com says...
> Is this possible to support multi-users behind the firewall from the
> outside? For example, I would like to provide help desk support for my
> users remotely from home and the users are behind the firewall. I am using
> VPN. Also I would like to use pcAnywhere for the support. Please help.

We do this all over the world - the VPN is the key part. PcAnywhere is a
BAD idea, there are better alternatives (some free) with smaller foot
prints and smaller costs.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 4:31:06 AM

Security4Admin wrote:

>Is this possible to support multi-users behind the firewall from the
>outside? For example, I would like to provide help desk support for my
>users remotely from home and the users are behind the firewall. I am using
>VPN. Also I would like to use pcAnywhere for the support. Please help.

Yes, it is possible. I do it every day.
April 19, 2004 4:48:19 AM

Leythos <void@nowhere.com> wrote in

> In article <Xns94CFC6A5C7D64sec4admyahoocom@216.148.227.77>,
> sec4adm@yahoo.com says...
>> Is this possible to support multi-users behind the firewall from the
>> outside? For example, I would like to provide help desk support for
>> my users remotely from home and the users are behind the firewall. I
>> am using VPN. Also I would like to use pcAnywhere for the support.
>> Please help.
>
> We do this all over the world - the VPN is the key part. PcAnywhere is
> a BAD idea, there are better alternatives (some free) with smaller
> foot prints and smaller costs.

Can you suggest one? I need the software to be able view user desktop.
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 5:56:01 AM

In article <Xns94CFC9948581Csec4admyahoocom@216.148.227.77>,
sec4adm@yahoo.com says...
> Leythos <void@nowhere.com> wrote in
>
> > In article <Xns94CFC6A5C7D64sec4admyahoocom@216.148.227.77>,
> > sec4adm@yahoo.com says...
> >> Is this possible to support multi-users behind the firewall from the
> >> outside? For example, I would like to provide help desk support for
> >> my users remotely from home and the users are behind the firewall. I
> >> am using VPN. Also I would like to use pcAnywhere for the support.
> >> Please help.
> >
> > We do this all over the world - the VPN is the key part. PcAnywhere is
> > a BAD idea, there are better alternatives (some free) with smaller
> > foot prints and smaller costs.
> >
> Can you suggest one? I need the software to be able view user desktop.

VNC, Remote Admin, etc...

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 6:34:31 AM

Security4Admin <sec4adm@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Leythos <void@nowhere.com> wrote in
>
>> In article <Xns94CFC6A5C7D64sec4admyahoocom@216.148.227.77>,
>> sec4adm@yahoo.com says...
>>> Is this possible to support multi-users behind the firewall from the
>>> outside? For example, I would like to provide help desk support for
>>> my users remotely from home and the users are behind the firewall. I
>>> am using VPN. Also I would like to use pcAnywhere for the support.
>>> Please help.
>>
>> We do this all over the world - the VPN is the key part. PcAnywhere is
>> a BAD idea, there are better alternatives (some free) with smaller
>> foot prints and smaller costs.
>>
> Can you suggest one? I need the software to be able view user desktop.

As far as free is concerned, I use Netmeeting's RDS that comes on the
Windows NT based O/S and I think ME. You can downloaded Netmeeting for
the Win 9'x O/S too.

I use Netmeeting to connect to other machines around the world in support
of company applications running on workstations. Netmeeting can be placed
into an encrypted connection within a VPN connection.

Yeah, I know it is MS, but I have not had any problems to date with a
secure connection. I will say that I am connecting to machines on the
company Domains around the world. We also use PCAW too.

Of course, there are other free ones but Netmeeting is right there on the
O/S and I can walk the user through the setup and then have them disable
the Host when I am done.

Duane :)
!