Compaq Presario

draglord

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2002
Hey guys, i need to know how to overclock my Compaq Presario 5834.

<b> There is no greater sin against oneself than the failure to believe in one's own worth. </b>

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
HAHAHAAHAAHAA, Compaq Presario, lol! You cant OC those. You cant do anything to those. The bios is completely locked up for all usefull purposes. You couldve spent the same amount of money and had a considerably nicer system if you put it together yourself, or you could have an equally nice system and have saved at least $200 or $250.

PS: please tell me youre not gay, or dress in drag, as your name tends to suggest.

The first LAN I went to was at a PETA convention. They booted me after I shot a zombie in HL DM!

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
hey <b><font color=blue>CM</b> can you tell me more about that, i have a friend with a compaq as well. he asked me a long time a go to help him OC it, but i didn't

<font color=blue><b>The male goes into the female.
<font color=orange><b>The plug, you dirty you<font color=red>.

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
Well, hehe, if you really wanted to "fix" the bios, you could tear out the chip (unless compaq sautered it) and purchase a new one. Plop the new one in, and bingo! instant overclockability! hehe, j/k...if only it was that easy.

"When there's a will, there's a way."

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
As said before, almost impossible....
an old mate overclocked his Compaq because he was lucky enough to discover the brand of the MB (intel or gigabyte, I think) so he had the PLL and used softfsb or cpufsb to overclock.
On the other hand I’ve been trying to do the same with my girlfriend’s PC… and nothing. The last tried was to test with CPUFSB all the possible PLL’s but the most that I got were freezings (maybe due it's a Celeron 766 MHz (66 MHz FSB) and the next possible FSB is 100 MHz = CPU 1150 MHz).
So just download CPUFSB and try all of those PLL's....

Hope this help

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Is there an FCC ID on the board anywhere? if so, you can go to <A HREF="http://www.fcc.gov" target="_new">http://www.fcc.gov</A> and look up the motherboard manufacturer. Also, wont WCPUID Identify the chipset and manufacturer?

Crashing takes on a whole new meaning at 9.8 m/s. :tongue:

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
“Is there an FCC ID on the board anywhere?”
No in my knowledge. Not really sure so I’ll check that again in a couple of days.

“Also, wont WCPUID Identify the chipset and manufacturer?”
Only the chipset is identified correctly. Sisoftsandra and WCPUID say “<b>Compaq</b> Motherboard model XXX”

BTW, have realized that the most of those “Compaq motherboards” got 66, 100 or 133 FSB, making any possible overclocking more difficult….

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Look on the back if you can, but that would probably mean taking out the board.

Crashing takes on a whole new meaning at 9.8 m/s. :tongue:

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
find the clock chip it is about 3/4 of an inch long and about 1/4 to a half inch wide

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile: