Problems to share a hp deskjet 3535 and WinXP

Hi,

I'm trying to share a HP Deskjet 3535 from my WinXP. I
can print normally from my machine, but others machines
can't. These machines are finding and printing using my
share, but only blank pages are printed. An important
info: other users in my network that have administrative
privileges are printing without problems (pages are
printed normally, the blank pages are printed only
for 'normal users').

Any help?

Thanks.

Did you install it using Bruce Sanderson's instructions:
www.coribright.com

"Baccarin" <pekus@REMOVEpekus.com.br> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to share a HP Deskjet 3535 from my WinXP. I
> can print normally from my machine, but others machines
> can't. These machines are finding and printing using my
> share, but only blank pages are printed. An important
> info: other users in my network that have administrative
> privileges are printing without problems (pages are
> printed normally, the blank pages are printed only
> for 'normal users').
>
> Any help?
>
> Thanks.

Make sure the Normal users have write access to the spool directory on the
sharing computer. The default is \windows\system32\spool\printers. I have
seen this when one changes permissions in system32 and propagates these
privileges to child directories.

Normally you will get a rendering error Event 45 in the system event log
when the graphic subsystem attempts to playback the EMF file.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> Did you install it using Bruce Sanderson's instructions:
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Baccarin" <pekus@REMOVEpekus.com.br> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to share a HP Deskjet 3535 from my WinXP. I
> > can print normally from my machine, but others machines
> > can't. These machines are finding and printing using my
> > share, but only blank pages are printed. An important
> > info: other users in my network that have administrative
> > privileges are printing without problems (pages are
> > printed normally, the blank pages are printed only
> > for 'normal users').
> >
> > Any help?
> >
> > Thanks.

Hi Carl and Alan,

I will try your tips tomorrow.

Thanks,

Alexandre.

Alan,

I changed user rights in this folder but it didn't work
too. Any other idea?

Regards,

Baccarin.

confers no rights.

>"Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in
message
>> Did you install it using Bruce Sanderson's
instructions:
>> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and
Hardware
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "Baccarin" <pekus@REMOVEpekus.com.br> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to share a HP Deskjet 3535 from my WinXP.
>> > can print normally from my machine, but others
machines
>> > can't. These machines are finding and printing using
my
>> > share, but only blank pages are printed. An important
>> > info: other users in my network that have
administrative
>> > privileges are printing without problems (pages are
>> > printed normally, the blank pages are printed only
>> > for 'normal users').
>> >
>> > Any help?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >

>.

Hi,

I get to print for the other machines from our network. I
needed to insert the color cartridge in the HP Deskjet
3535, and change Print Assistant to work only with the
black one. After configuring I could remove the color
cartridge without problems, and the remote machines
printed correctly.

Regards,

Baccarin.